Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help needed configuring Audiophonics power button shut-off in piCorePlayer

I have an AUDIOPHONICS I-SABER V4 DAC ES9023 TCXO that is installed in a RaspTouch case with a Raspberry Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer V4.1.0. The case power button is wired to the switch and LED pins on the DAC.

The DAC and RPi will power-up when I press the case power button, but the power button continues to flash constantly.

The DAC and RPi will shut-down only if I hold the power button for 5 seconds. But if I momentarily press the power button nothing happens.

I have the Audiophonics-powerscript and shutdown-monitor extensions installed in piCorePlayer but do not have any instructions for their proper configuration.

Can anyone provide some instructions for proper configuration in piCorePlayer?

Regards.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by ftarz View Post
    I have an AUDIOPHONICS I-SABER V4 DAC ES9023 TCXO that is installed in a RaspTouch case with a Raspberry Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer V4.1.0. The case power button is wired to the switch and LED pins on the DAC.

The DAC and RPi will power-up when I press the case power button, but the power button continues to flash constantly.

The DAC and RPi will shut-down only if I hold the power button for 5 seconds. But if I momentarily press the power button nothing happens.

I have the Audiophonics-powerscript and shutdown-monitor extensions installed in piCorePlayer but do not have any instructions for their proper configuration.

Can anyone provide some instructions for proper configuration in piCorePlayer?

Regards.

Frank
    Hi Frank,

hope this still works

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post872687

ronnie

Hey Frank

I can confirm that the procedure still works, I have just made a fresh card and completed the install.

Remember that after loading the extension, you need to click the reset button.

Also remember to check the Audio output settings for the player after the reboot.

And don't forget you can set a favourite to start playing on power up (if that would be required).

I use a very short press on the power button to start and stop, led flashes for 10/11 Mississippi for stop and a few more for start (using the inbuilt wireless on a rpi3b).

ronnie

Which power board do you have? The new model? Link to what you have please.

The shutdown-monitor extension was designed for the new board, although it will be able to work with any board when we release 5.0
    Last edited by paul-; 2019-04-05 at 05:34.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Which power board do you have? The new model? Link to what you have please.

The shutdown-monitor extension was designed for the new board, although it will be able to work with any board when we release 5.0
    Ah, sorry, I forgot to mention that. rpi3B. standard edition of pCP

piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v4.1.0 | linux 4.14.81-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v9.2pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.0-1121-pCP | Fri Apr 5 13:54:21 BST 2019
    I have used it before, last year and the year before.

ronnie

I've got the new Audiophonics PI-SPC II connected with the power button from the RaspTouch case and after some fiddling, it works - sort of. The button stops blinking on boot up, and the shutdown handler gets triggered when there is absolutely no load. As soon as a song is playing, it takes several minutes (seemingly forever) until the player gets actually shut down.

What's the best way to debug this? /usr/local/bin/shutdown-monitor is running. (I've got a lot of experience with Linux/Unix, but very little with the RPi eco system. With pCP,, my investigation has been hampered by the lack of persistent log files.)

Can you let me know how itís connected and what rpi you are using, Iíll setup a test here.

Can you let me know how itís connected and what rpi you are using, Iíll setup a test here.
    It's an RPi 3B+ connected via WiFi.

When I tried shutting off again last night, it did so only after a reboot finished. Maybe the overlay settings are not quite right yet? (Pin 22, active high, pull up). Should the pull up be "off" instead? From what I've read, "up" is the default, so that's what I chose from the raw dtoverlay lines given by the Audiophonics engineers in their earlier post.

The defaults should work for the module, as I used that board to develop the setup. But,Iíll check it out.

The defaults should work for the module, as I used that board to develop the setup. But,Iíll check it out.
    I meant the technical default (in the kernel), not the one in the GUI. IĎd have to check, but I think they at least differed.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk