Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greatest Hits album with embedded single covers

Iíve tried adding single covers to the individual tracks but LMS uses the last trackís picture as the album cover rather than a saved cover.jpg that I want shown in the wall.

Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks,,

HB
    1 x Duet, 1 x Boom, 3 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology DS2419+ and LMS 7.9.2 (pinkdot)

IIRC, embedded covers have higher priority than the extra cover file.

Quote Originally Posted by reinholdk View Post
    IIRC, embedded covers have higher priority than the extra cover file.
    I agree. The only way the OP could achieve individual covers would be to put each individual music file into individual folders. Bit of a faff.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I agree. The only way the OP could achieve individual covers would be to put each individual music file into individual folders. Bit of a faff.
    If I understand what the OP wants it's to have the album show in the left pane of LMS WebGUI with the separate cover.jpg image, but the now playing image to be the imbedded cover art image. I think the separate folder thing would just show each track as a separate album in the left pane with the imbedded cover art image in each track as the album cover. I've never been able to get same album tracks in separate folders to be shown as a single album like in a 2 disk set. I ended up having to put the tracks in the same directory, use the Disc # tag along with the LMS setting My Music tab -> Group Discs set to "Treat multi-disc sets as a single album".
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

since "Greatest Hits" and singles mostly two different Tracks with different lengths...

What a hazzle to fake something thats not the real deal. And a single mostly has a b-side..

Hm, but embedding the artwork in the file should give it higher priority for the track than the album cover
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay in responding.

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    If I understand what the OP wants it's to have the album show in the left pane of LMS WebGUI with the separate cover.jpg image, but the now playing image to be the imbedded cover art image.
    Yes, exactly that. So if I understand correctly I will need the album folder to contain:

1. A jpeg of the album cover
    2. Individual sub folders containing the individual tracks and track jpeg (not embedded artwork).
    3 Each track will need to be tagged as itís own disc (e.g. 1/14, 2/14...14/14).

Is that correct?

Thanks again,

HB
    Last edited by HeadBanger; 2019-02-27 at 11:37.

The problem is I've never been able to get tracks in different folders to be joined into a single album even with all relevant tags being identical. @mherger might be able to provide additional guidance or perhaps take this as a feature request. Seems like this would be easier to implement if LMS just had an option to prioritize the folder.jpg (cover.jpg) for right hand pane display or album selection display on a Duet controller or Touch and then use imbedded art (if present) in the Now playing display.
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2019-02-28 at 07:39.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

My experience has been that LMS will only associate one album cover with an album (regardless of whether you have different album covers embedded in each file). I think this is part of the database structure.

Thus, even if you are successful getting each file into its own folder but recognized as one album, I think LMS will still treat it as one album / one album cover. In my case, I don't even have jpg files anymore, and LMS usually just pulls the cover from the first or last track. I had wanted something similar in the past, thus my experience. LMS may prioritize the embedded file over a folder file (I don't recall the real situation), but it won't pull the embedded file from each track.

A less ideal workaround (which I tried but abandoned) is to create multiple individual albums and use a playlist to gather them into the full compilation. You would essentially have to treat each track as a single. The obvious disadvantage is that you would have to remember to use a playlist to listen to the album. You could theoretically place all the tracks in one folder and perhaps play the folder to get the album effect.

Thanks for the replies.

I think Iíll take a bit of a short cut then and just create a blank 2 second track as the last track and embed the album cover artwork into that for LMS to show in the pane. Not ideal as itíll show an additional track but it will do for me.

HB
    1 x Duet, 1 x Boom, 3 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology DS2419+ and LMS 7.9.2 (pinkdot)