Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Synced RPi's: Zero with disconnected BT speaker affects other players

Hi guys

Is it normal that when the BT speaker, that I use with a Zero W, is off that the other synced players (players are always synced) have playback issues?
    Of course I realize that Squeezelite on the Zero stops running when the BT connection is off.
    Now I always have to unplug the Zero to prevent this.

TIA
    R.
    pCP v8.0.0 on all players
    LMS 8.2.1 on Debian Buster server in a Linux Container, +27k titles on SMB share
    RPi 3B with Hifiberry AMP2 and official 7" touchscreen (Squeezelite + Jivelite), connected over LAN
    RPi 3B+ as dedicated player, connected over LAN
    2x RPi 3B as dedicated player, connected over WiFi
    LMS material app on Android to control

Afaik the answer is yes.

Have you tried this plugin https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ghlight=Groups

It allows a player in a group to be powered down....
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Hi Paul, I know about this plugin but I don't think it adds something to switching off the Zero through Squeezer, at least for my particular situation or am I wrong?
    If possible, I would prefer to just switching off the BT speaker without any additional handling since this happens quite often.
    It's a portable BT speaker, used for moving around a little and playing for shorter period of times, aside of the 'main' RPi's.

In the kitchen, there is that wireless always on/synced RPi with active speakers which have a power button so by just switching on/off those speakers you have music.
    I love pCP for it's possibilities and it's a perfect addition here to listen to own collection of music and web-streams without being a hostage to proprietary systems which might have a limited lifespan/support/updates.
    The only 'downside' is the limitation to control the RPi unless unplugging or with an external amp/active speakers without the necessity of another device (pc with browser, tablet/smartphone, touchscreen with Jivelite)
    pCP v8.0.0 on all players
    LMS 8.2.1 on Debian Buster server in a Linux Container, +27k titles on SMB share
    RPi 3B with Hifiberry AMP2 and official 7" touchscreen (Squeezelite + Jivelite), connected over LAN
    RPi 3B+ as dedicated player, connected over LAN
    2x RPi 3B as dedicated player, connected over WiFi
    LMS material app on Android to control