Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Could this stop LMS restarting if Ickstream is installed?

I think this just killed my LMS! Does anyone know how to remove ickstream from my plugins without using the web UI, as this won't load currently.

Thanks in advance.

If LMS not starting ... then you may well have to remove that plugin from the file system ... which is trickier if not familiar with Linux command line.

Your plugins will be somewhere like
    /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins

I don't want to suggest using commands to remove everything in a folder just in case you run it from the wrong place and remove too much stuff.

so something like:
    cd /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins
    ls

and then you should see a listing of directories - with one of them named something like "ickstream".
    If there is then move into it ...
    cd ickstream
    (make sure that the upper/lower case matches what you see in the listing)
    Assuming no errors then ...
    rm Plugin.pm

That might be enough to fool LMS ... so then start LMS and see if you get access via web browser ... then you could remove the plugin via the web interface.

Someone with an ickstream installation will be able to give you better instructions.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

I had the ickstream plugin installed on a linux install of LMS (vortexbox, using fedora linux). It's existence caused no issues with LMS today. I just went to the LMS webGUI like normal, went to "plugins" tab on settings and unticked ickstream and removed the URL from additional repositories section.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

My issue happened when I upgraded to a newer version of LMS.

I purged LMS and reinstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by badboygolf16v View Post
    I purged LMS and reinstalled.
    And now it works OK?
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I was registered there. They could have sent out a message: We are terminating support for Ickstream, please remove it from LMS.
    The plugin is not found in the directory listed above, unless there is another secret, hush, hush layer of directories in the dinosaur MSDOS for anoraks.

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Just for information to anyone still using ickStream Music Platform.

As we indicated two months ago we have now permanently shutdown the ickStream servers.

At the moment there are no plans to start the ickStream service again but if your company still feels the need to use some of our technology or has the need for or interest in a continued service, please feel free to contact us, we are open for all kind of options including licensing, sale of our technology or the ickStream GmbH company.
    I'm sorry that it didn't work out, but tack sň mycket very much for trying and sticking with it for as long as you did!

For those who are having issues with LMS to start now that ickStream has stopped, i.e. want to uninstall it, but can't get to the web UI, this is what I did

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...053#post942053

Remarkable Farewell Present: ickStream Shutdown killed LMS Installations

I wondered why suddenly my two LMS server installations didn't work anymore, but understand now that the shutdown of ickStream was the reason.
    I tinkered several hours over the weekend to get LMS server running again, and will have to invest further hours to reimplement the multi library implementation I had developed. Many thanks to the ichStream team for this very nice farewell present!
    1 transporter with touch for controlling,
    1 squeezebox 3,
    6 squeezebox radio,
    3 squeezebox controllers,
    ipeng on IPhones and IPads,
    LMS unter Max2Play on Odroid XU4,
    LMS with MusicIP unter Windows Homeserver 2011 on Compulab Intense PC (Intel i5, 2.1 GHz, 8 GB;
    ROON under Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials on Dell PowerEdge T630 with 2x Intel Xeon E5-2630L v3 @ 1.80 GHz 8 core CPUs and 48 GB,
    2 Bluesound Node 2 as ROON endpoints