Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Yes, that sounds correct.
    Folder doesn't exist, but when I do a 'systemclt - l status squeezeboxserver' I do get an errormessage regarding the Ickstream plugin '_ANON__(207) Failed to retrieve content services from [...]'

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Yes, that should be it.

If that doesn't work there is also a possibility to start LMS without loading any plugins with failsafe flag (so you can uninstall ickStream through web GUI) as described here:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...053#post942053
    Yes but I don't understand that, implying I don't know what you mean by 'edited / etc/ default/logitechmediaserver etc. in the case of my vortexbox. When I do a 'l' for a directorylist in the plugin folder I indeed see all my installed plugins, amongst Ickstream.
    Last edited by Breeker; 2019-06-15 at 04:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeker View Post
    Folder doesn't exist, but when I do a 'systemclt - l status squeezeboxserver' I do get an errormessage regarding the Ickstream plugin '_ANON__(207) Failed to retrieve content services from [...]'
    Which folder doesn't exist? I thought you wrote before that it's within the "InstalledPlugins" folder?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Which folder doesn't exist? I thought you wrote before that it's within the "InstalledPlugins" folder?
    Yes Pippin - when I go to the Installed plugin folder (with the command cd /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins) and then I do the command 'rm -r ./IckStreamPlugin' I get the message 'rm: cannot remove 'rm -r ./IckStreamPlugin' : no such file or directory.
    Should I first try to delete IckStreamItemCache.db in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache? UPDATE: a sudo did the trick! Now see if I can restart the server. Update: YES! WORKED! So along the way became a Unix programmer ;-)
    Last edited by Breeker; 2019-06-15 at 05:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeker View Post
    Yes Pippin - when I go to the Installed plugin folder (with the command cd /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins) and then I do the command 'rm -r ./IckStreamPlugin' I get the message 'rm: cannot remove 'rm -r ./IckStreamPlugin' : no such file or directory.
    Should I first try to delete IckStreamItemCache.db in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache? UPDATE: a sudo did the trick! Now see if I can restart the server. Update: YES! WORKED! So along the way became a Unix programmer ;-)
    it's ./ickStreamPlugin, not ./IckStreamPlugin
    Linux file systems are case sensitive.
    You can check through autocomplete by tapping "tab" after entering a few characters.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Deezer/Tidal with IckStream

I've been an active user of Deezer with IckStream for quite some time now and have been very happy with it. This is really disappointing but understandable. Thanks for all your efforts and hard work.

I just have to ask -- is there a path to get Deezer to stream hi-res/FLAC via the mysqueezebox.com application?

thanks much... darien
    Last edited by dhallag; 2019-09-17 at 10:19.
    LMS 7.9.1 on QNAP 219P+
    3 wired Touch End Points
    Jolida Tube DAC III
    Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
    Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

VOTE for Deezer Hifi to LMS

Here is the thread to vote. Even if you don't use Deezer, can you guys still vote for this?

https://en.deezercommunity.com/got-a...919#post139846
    LMS 7.9.1 on QNAP 219P+
    3 wired Touch End Points
    Jolida Tube DAC III
    Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
    Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

Are there any plans to release the centrally hosted code as open source?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlight View Post
    Are there any plans to release the centrally hosted code as open source?
    Unfortunately, releasing the whole platform under open source is not an option due to restrictions imposed by our streaming service partners.

Theoretically we could release the parts of the central code which isnĺt related to integration with streaming services but we have decided to not do that right now since there is a bit of work to package it and it wouldnĺt be useful for anything without the streaming service integrations.

At this moment we would also prefer if someone was interested to take over the whole platform since that would mean that ickStream could continue to live and our streaming service integrations could be reused. Due to restrictions imposed by our streaming partners this would only be possible by licensing the technology or acquire the company.

The centrally hosted code is not really useful for personal use, itĺs only useful for a company that wants to operate a centrally managed multi user platform.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets