Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tidal Buffering Issue

What platform are you running LMS on anyway?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    What platform are you running LMS on anyway?

--

Michael
    I run LMS at my home and have a second setup at my vacation property - at home running Windows 10 on a desktop and at the other place Windows 10 on a laptop. My LMS settings are pretty much identical on both. I have experienced the Tidal rebuffering on both setups.

Quote Originally Posted by 84tiger View Post
    I run LMS at my home and have a second setup at my vacation property - at home running Windows 10 on a desktop and at the other place Windows 10 on a laptop. My LMS settings are pretty much identical on both. I have experienced the Tidal rebuffering on both setups.
    I should add I just upgraded my home system to 7.9.1 a couple of nights ago. The laptop version is still running 7.9.0.

Today I streamed 125 tracks starting from a 5 track seed playlist created from my local library using my setup with DSTM and LastMix. Over 8 hours of music without any buffering issues. Everything in the log file looks fine to me. Perhaps the upgrade to 7.9.1 solved the problem. I'm back to wondering if short internet dropouts were responsible for the rebuffering issues I was having.

I have a question about LastMix. Is there any bias towards adding tracks from the local library vs the streaming service if the track is available in both? I ask because on occasion I have seen the same track (same song, artist, and album) added from Tidal that is available in my local library. I see in the info log for LastMix that there is a "checkTrack" function that looks at the local library for the artist but it doesn't seem to do that check for every track.

Tidal Buffering Issue

> I have a question about LastMix - is there any bias towards pulling tracks
    > from the local library vs the streaming service if the track is available
    > in both?

Totally OT here, but yes, LastMix would prefer the local track if
    available. But as the matching is done on track title and artist name
    only, this often fails due to different spelling, additional information
    in the name ("ft. xyz" vs. "(feat. xyz)" etc.). Please continue
    discussion in the LastMix thread if needed.

--

Michael

Thanks Michael - your help and knowledge is much appreciated. I'll update if I have any more buffering issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 84tiger View Post
    Thanks Michael - your help and knowledge is much appreciated. I'll update if I have any more buffering issues.
    Check that you have "Stream through Proxy" ticked in soundsettings. This often solves buffer issuses.
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office: Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe