Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello bpa and all,

sorry for the late replay. I have enabled logging as per your advice and attached in file.
    I have noticed that playing stops after some of the songs taken from specific album, so I assume that something is related to not properly converted audio tracks:
    Code:
    [19-04-05 19:41:02.9294] Slim::Player::Protocols::File::sysread (286) Trying to read past the end of file: file:///storage/mp3/mp3_disks/Disk073/SORHIN/I%20Det%20Glimrande%20Morkrets%20Djup/Sorhin%20-%20I%20Det%20Glimrande%20Morkrets%20Djup%20-%2007%20-%20I%20Skuggan%20Af%20Nattens%20Herre.wma
    [19-04-05 19:41:02.9299] Slim::Player::Source::_readNextChunk (373) end of file or error on socket, song pos: 2222309, tell says: 2222309, totalbytes: 2222309
    [19-04-05 19:41:02.9303] Slim::Player::Source::_readNextChunk (378) 14:dd:a9:ec:9a:f5 mark end of stream

Playlist is not stopping after playing some other WMA songs loaded from other albums

As far as I see something with index is messing. Track with index 7 is playing currently and next track come with same index 7 Something is getting wrong with player or LMS . Don't know what exactly is going on.

Many thanks for support
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by caball View Post
    Hello bpa and all,

sorry for the late replay. I have enabled logging as per your advice and attached in file.
    I have noticed that playing stops after some of the songs taken from specific album, so I assume that something is related to not properly converted audio tracks:
    Code:
    [19-04-05 19:41:02.9294] Slim::Player::Protocols::File::sysread (286) Trying to read past the end of file: file:///storage/mp3/mp3_disks/Disk073/SORHIN/I%20Det%20Glimrande%20Morkrets%20Djup/Sorhin%20-%20I%20Det%20Glimrande%20Morkrets%20Djup%20-%2007%20-%20I%20Skuggan%20Af%20Nattens%20Herre.wma
    [19-04-05 19:41:02.9299] Slim::Player::Source::_readNextChunk (373) end of file or error on socket, song pos: 2222309, tell says: 2222309, totalbytes: 2222309
    [19-04-05 19:41:02.9303] Slim::Player::Source::_readNextChunk (378) 14:dd:a9:ec:9a:f5 mark end of stream

Playlist is not stopping after playing some other WMA songs loaded from other albums

As far as I see something with index is messing. Track with index 7 is playing currently and next track come with same index 7 Something is getting wrong with player or LMS . Don't know what exactly is going on.

Many thanks for support
    The problem is happening when trying to read some of the WMA files. It looks like a seek is failing. Are the files are locally connected storage or network connected ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The problem is happening when trying to read some of the WMA files. It looks like a seek is failing. Are the files are locally connected storage or network connected ?
    Yes, all files are network connected, but I have also tested with local playing with no difference.
    Will try to find problematic album with different format and everything will be OK.
    Thread can be closed.

Thank you for your support.
    Last edited by caball; 2019-04-05 at 21:56.

Quote Originally Posted by caball View Post
    Yes, all files are network connected, but I have also tested with local playing with no difference.
    Will try to find problematic album with different format and everything will be OK.
    Thread can be closed.

Thank you for your support.
    All I can give is my opinion on the problem.

It looks like LMS has problem either reading or seeking on the WMA file. As the problem happens on LMS it is not due to the WMA audio encoding but dure to the file, other data in the file or file access.

If the same files have the same errors AND they have the same errors when on a local disk - then the problem is in the file structure - something is not quite right (e.g. position/formatting of metadata, index table layout)

If the errors occur when a playlist of files, some of which are on a network drive but errors are not consistent - then I would look at network, network file server issues or network drive mounting options issues. If using same playlist has errors each time but not identical errors it looks like "timing" of some sort.

If you have errors when a playlist of WMA files which are ALL on a local disk - then there is somehting very odd in WMA handling and need to create a thread to tackle the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    All I can give is my opinion on the problem.

It looks like LMS has problem either reading or seeking on the WMA file. As the problem happens on LMS it is not due to the WMA audio encoding but dure to the file, other data in the file or file access.

If the same files have the same errors AND they have the same errors when on a local disk - then the problem is in the file structure - something is not quite right (e.g. position/formatting of metadata, index table layout)

If the errors occur when a playlist of files, some of which are on a network drive but errors are not consistent - then I would look at network, network file server issues or network drive mounting options issues. If using same playlist has errors each time but not identical errors it looks like "timing" of some sort.

If you have errors when a playlist of WMA files which are ALL on a local disk - then there is somehting very odd in WMA handling and need to create a thread to tackle the issue.
    I doubt that it is file access problem, because problem persist even when files are located on local disk. And this is happened only with WMA files Never observed the problem on any other playlists filled with mp3,vorbis,wavepack,mpc,wav files Also it is observed on the particular tracks taken from particular albums ( there are WMA songs where playback is not stopping and behavior is just perfect - so definitely problem is no file access but something in meta data incorporated in files. Somehow player or LMS cannot determine if file is reached its end - just guessing. Despite of all - WMA songs are playable and next song also - the problem is that I need to press next button on web interface in order to start the next song.

Will try to implement following encoding lines taken from http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/WMA:

Code:
    wma mp3 * *
    	[ffmpeg] -v 0 -i $FILE$ -f wav - | [lame] -x -m s -r -S -q 5 -s 44.1 - -
    to see if this can fix the problem. If no difference, will try to install LMS on different OS ( Debian ) and will check

Of course any other suggestions and hints are very welcomed. I guess that may be I'm the only one with this problem, as you say, WMA is dead and hardly anyone use it. .

Thank you.