Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Working apps on mysqueezebox.com

Hi - does anyone have a comprehensive view on which apps available on mysqueezebox.com still actually work? Some work fine - e.g., Deezer, TuneIn - some might work but require a premium account which I currently don't have - e.g., RadioTunes - and some just don't work at all - e.g., CBC, AccuRadio. I've searched the threads for a 'state of the nation' type list but didn't uncover one. I realize I can spend an interesting afternoon installing and uninstalling them all, but just wondered if anyone had a ready-made list they could share which would help?

Also - and I'm aware that I shouldn't mix topics but it is related - I (think I) uninstalled Pandora and Orange Liveradio from mysqueezebox.com ages ago - and they no longer show up in the mysqueezebox.com list of apps - but the apps are still showing up on my squeezebox radios - any way to get rid of them?

TIA - cheers!

Working apps on mysqueezebox.com

> Hi - does anyone have a comprehensive view on which apps available on
    > mysqueezebox.com still actually work? Some work fine - e.g., Deezer,
    > TuneIn - some might work but require a premium account which I currently
    > don't have - e.g., RadioTunes - and some just don't work at all - e.g.,
    > CBC, AccuRadio. I've searched the threads for a 'state of the nation'
    > type list but didn't uncover one. I realize I can spend an interesting
    > afternoon installing and uninstalling them all, but just wondered if
    > anyone had a ready-made list they could share which would help?

I must say there shouldn't be any totally broken apps. If there are,
    then I should remove them...

> Also - and I'm aware that I shouldn't mix topics but it is related - I
    > (think I) uninstalled Pandora and Orange Liveradio from mysqueezebox.com
    > ages ago - and they no longer show up in the mysqueezebox.com list of
    > apps - but the apps are still showing up on my squeezebox radios - any
    > way to get rid of them?

Did you change country? Eg. Pandora is not available in EU.

--

Michael

Ah yes - geoblocking. Good point. So I'd guess I'd need others to chime in whether the (for instance) Absolute app still works in the UK. I'm based in Italy, having recently re-located from the US, and so that would account for Pandora. I *think* Accuradio is totally kaput as it stopped working a long time for me in the US. CBC could well be geoblocked and just doesn't work in Italy I guess. So maybe I could revise my ask to whether someone has a view of which apps are working, and if so, if they are geoblocked, and then it would be helpful to know if they require a premium subscription.

FWIW, I think the following may have problems - Absolute, AccuRadio, BBC, Classical.com.

I just tried a couple of stations from Absolute Radio via the app menu and it worked.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Interesting, thanks. Oddly, I can over-ride 5 Live geoblocking by changing the DNS settings on my router, but the Absolute app still doesn't work for me with that solution - so maybe they're just cleverer than 5 Live! I can get Absolute via the RadioFeeds UK & Ireland links, so I have those favourited - so no hardship when I want to listen to Absolute.

Anybody having any luck with AccuRadio? I really like AccuRadio and they have many stations which I used to listen to via PC in the US, but I've not been able to get the mysqueezebox app to work for a good for years now (either in the US or Italy).

Thanks for replies folks - I sometimes think I'm the only person left using a squeezebox radio, but Alexa will have to pry it from my cold and clammy hands someday...

Quote Originally Posted by marzipan71 View Post
    I sometimes think I'm the only person left using a squeezebox radio, but Alexa will have to pry it from my cold and clammy hands someday...
    You CAN listen to Accuradio on "Alexa" as long as you have a US Amazon account and the appropriate DNS/VPN service.