Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Working apps on mysqueezebox.com

Hi - does anyone have a comprehensive view on which apps available on mysqueezebox.com still actually work? Some work fine - e.g., Deezer, TuneIn - some might work but require a premium account which I currently don't have - e.g., RadioTunes - and some just don't work at all - e.g., CBC, AccuRadio. I've searched the threads for a 'state of the nation' type list but didn't uncover one. I realize I can spend an interesting afternoon installing and uninstalling them all, but just wondered if anyone had a ready-made list they could share which would help?

Also - and I'm aware that I shouldn't mix topics but it is related - I (think I) uninstalled Pandora and Orange Liveradio from mysqueezebox.com ages ago - and they no longer show up in the mysqueezebox.com list of apps - but the apps are still showing up on my squeezebox radios - any way to get rid of them?

TIA - cheers!

Working apps on mysqueezebox.com

> Hi - does anyone have a comprehensive view on which apps available on
    > mysqueezebox.com still actually work? Some work fine - e.g., Deezer,
    > TuneIn - some might work but require a premium account which I currently
    > don't have - e.g., RadioTunes - and some just don't work at all - e.g.,
    > CBC, AccuRadio. I've searched the threads for a 'state of the nation'
    > type list but didn't uncover one. I realize I can spend an interesting
    > afternoon installing and uninstalling them all, but just wondered if
    > anyone had a ready-made list they could share which would help?

I must say there shouldn't be any totally broken apps. If there are,
    then I should remove them...

> Also - and I'm aware that I shouldn't mix topics but it is related - I
    > (think I) uninstalled Pandora and Orange Liveradio from mysqueezebox.com
    > ages ago - and they no longer show up in the mysqueezebox.com list of
    > apps - but the apps are still showing up on my squeezebox radios - any
    > way to get rid of them?

Did you change country? Eg. Pandora is not available in EU.

--

Michael

Ah yes - geoblocking. Good point. So I'd guess I'd need others to chime in whether the (for instance) Absolute app still works in the UK. I'm based in Italy, having recently re-located from the US, and so that would account for Pandora. I *think* Accuradio is totally kaput as it stopped working a long time for me in the US. CBC could well be geoblocked and just doesn't work in Italy I guess. So maybe I could revise my ask to whether someone has a view of which apps are working, and if so, if they are geoblocked, and then it would be helpful to know if they require a premium subscription.

FWIW, I think the following may have problems - Absolute, AccuRadio, BBC, Classical.com.

I just tried a couple of stations from Absolute Radio via the app menu and it worked.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Interesting, thanks. Oddly, I can over-ride 5 Live geoblocking by changing the DNS settings on my router, but the Absolute app still doesn't work for me with that solution - so maybe they're just cleverer than 5 Live! I can get Absolute via the RadioFeeds UK & Ireland links, so I have those favourited - so no hardship when I want to listen to Absolute.

Anybody having any luck with AccuRadio? I really like AccuRadio and they have many stations which I used to listen to via PC in the US, but I've not been able to get the mysqueezebox app to work for a good for years now (either in the US or Italy).

Thanks for replies folks - I sometimes think I'm the only person left using a squeezebox radio, but Alexa will have to pry it from my cold and clammy hands someday...

Quote Originally Posted by marzipan71 View Post
    I sometimes think I'm the only person left using a squeezebox radio, but Alexa will have to pry it from my cold and clammy hands someday...
    You CAN listen to Accuradio on "Alexa" as long as you have a US Amazon account and the appropriate DNS/VPN service.

Using the Deezer app with a premium account is very convenient. I also like Squeezer and Squeeze Commander. Had anybody tried Amazon Alexa app? I've found the review and thinking about installing it on my device.

What device would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by FireBB View Post
    Using the Deezer app with a premium account is very convenient. I also like Squeezer and Squeeze Commander. Had anybody tried Amazon Alexa app? I've found the review and thinking about installing it on my device.
    That app has nothing to do with squeezebox.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------