Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Migrating LMS from Wandband to Pi 3B+ - how to transfer TrackStat settings?

My wandboard has started to die (I'm getting no HDMI out any more) and so I am going to migrate to a RPi3B+ to run LMS. I am going to run PiCorePlayer. It all seems quite straight forward, but one thing than I don't know how to do is migrate all of my settings/ database for Erland's plug-ins such as TrackStat.

Any advise how I can do this? By the way, my Linux level is basic, but I can follow instructions and have PuTTy set up!

Cheers

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Office), Radio x2 (Lounge and Bedroom)
    Server: 7.8 for Wandboard Dual
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone5/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkywizard View Post
    I am going to migrate to a RPi3B+ to run LMS. I am going to run PiCorePlayer. It all seems quite straight forward, but one thing than I don't know how to do is migrate all of my settings/ database for Erland's plug-ins such as TrackStat.
    Preferences are saved where all plugin prefs are located - check WebUI > Settings > Information
    Data (statistics, ratings, ...) are saved in LMS' database (persist.db).
    If the paths on your new system match the old ones, you can just copy the databases. If they do not, either use TrackStat's export / import, or use SQL to modify the DB directly.
    Personally, I've always used the same paths on all LMS servers, so migrating LMS was just copying files to the new server, without any manual setup required.

Hi Roland,

that's brilliant, thanks for the advice. I'm just waiting for the Pi3b to arrive then I'll set it up and see. I used SoA on the wandboard and will use PiCorePlayer on the Pi3B so I'll have to see if the paths match

Cheers

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Office), Radio x2 (Lounge and Bedroom)
    Server: 7.8 for Wandboard Dual
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone5/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm