How can I access Logitech Media Server from UE Smartradio?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • streifenleopard
    • Dec 2010

How can I access Logitech Media Server from UE Smartradio?

Hello,
    I purchased a used UE Smartradio and, after some difficulties, I installed Squeezebox Software on it, it is running 7.7.3r16676. My LMS is on a NAS and running 7.9.1.
    I just can't figure out how I can connect my Radio to LMS.
    I connected the Radio to my squeezebox account but this does not solve anything.
    Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB​ with LMS 8.3.2 and a Hifiberry DAC+ -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Ratings Light et al. -- 2x UE Smartradios running Firmware 8.0 sth -- Win10 PC with Squeezelite-X ​-- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B has my music on an attached SSD
  • kidstypike
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by streifenleopard
    Hello,
    I purchased a used UE Smartradio and, after some difficulties, I installed Squeezebox Software on it, it is running 7.7.3r16676. My LMS is on a NAS and running 7.9.1.
    I just can't figure out how I can connect my Radio to LMS.
    I connected the Radio to my squeezebox account but this does not solve anything.
    On your Radio go to "My Music" and press the big knob.

Or from LMS, your Radio should appear in the dropdown box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	radio.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1566008
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2019-03-06, 19:38.
    Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
    Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
    Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
    Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• streifenleopard
      • Dec 2010

Thanks!
      Originally posted by kidstypike
      On your Radio go to "My Music" and press the big knob.
      It says "To enable My Music, download the Logitech Media Server software from www.mysqueezebox.dom and make sure it is installed..."
      Or from LMS, your Radio should appear in the dropdown box.

Name:	Opera Momentaufnahme_2019-03-06_204413_192.168.178.26.png
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1566009
      Sadly nothing happens

EDIT Man how do I make the pic smaller...
      Last edited by streifenleopard; 2019-03-06, 19:54.
      Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB​ with LMS 8.3.2 and a Hifiberry DAC+ -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Ratings Light et al. -- 2x UE Smartradios running Firmware 8.0 sth -- Win10 PC with Squeezelite-X ​-- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B has my music on an attached SSD

Comment

• kidstypike
        • Feb 2007

Well you've obviously got LMS running, is your new Radio connected to the same network?

Comment

• streifenleopard
          • Dec 2010

Yes it is. However I have experienced some issues in establishing the wifi connection. But as I can play music on the radio it must be connected to wifi.
          I wondered whether I have to allow access to my NAS but then I wouldn't know how to do it as other Squeezeboxes (or SqueezeCTRL) have found LMS without problems.

Comment

• kidstypike
            • Feb 2007

Yes it is. However I have experienced some issues in establishing the wifi connection. But as I can play music on the radio it must be connected to wifi.
            I wondered whether I have to allow access to my NAS but then I wouldn't know how to do it as other Squeezeboxes (or SqueezeCTRL) have found LMS without problems.
            Try this - on your radio browse to Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add new library > enter the IP address of the machine that's running LMS.

Name:	network.jpg
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1566010

Comment

• streifenleopard
              • Dec 2010

Thanks for getting back.
              I have tried to enter the IP address. However I am unable to produce the number "6" - I would have to write "26" where you wrote "100". The dropdown menu only offers digits zero to five.

Comment

• kidstypike
                • Feb 2007

Thanks for getting back.
                I have tried to enter the IP address. However I am unable to produce the number "6" - I would have to write "26" where you wrote "100". The dropdown menu only offers digits zero to five.
                Can you enter "026"?

Comment

• streifenleopard
                  • Dec 2010

Can you enter "026"?
                  Yeah, this works! However I can now govern my Radio from LMS' web interface - i.e. I can tell it to play this or that file but I still cannot connect from the Radio. It still displays "Problem Connecting We couldn't connect to 192.168.178.26. Make sure your computer..." even while files are playing.

Comment

• kidstypike
                    • Feb 2007

Yeah, this works! However I can now govern my Radio from LMS' web interface - i.e. I can tell it to play this or that file but I still cannot connect from the Radio. It still displays "Problem Connecting We couldn't connect to 192.168.178.26. Make sure your computer..." even while files are playing.
                    Reboot the thing?

Comment

• streifenleopard
                      • Dec 2010

Reboot the thing?
                      Hm not working?? I don't know what it could be...

Comment

• kidstypike
                        • Feb 2007

Hm not working?? I don't know what it could be...
                        On your Radio go to Settings > Choose Player, what do you see?

Name:	choose.jpg
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1566011

Comment

• streifenleopard
                          • Dec 2010

On your Radio go to Settings > Choose Player, what do you see?
                          I can see "Squeezebox Radio" but by rights I should also see "Picore player" I think

Comment

• d6jg
                            • Feb 2011

Is this the only player on WiFi?
                            If so look at your router for something akin to wireless isolation settings and switch it off.
                            Wireless Device Isolation stops devices on WiFi from accessing other devices on the network but allows internet connection.
                            Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                            Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                            Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
                            Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
                            Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                            Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                            Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

• streifenleopard
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by d6jg
                              Is this the only player on WiFi?
                              If so look at your router for something akin to wireless isolation settings and switch it off.
                              Wireless Device Isolation stops devices on WiFi from accessing other devices on the network but allows internet connection.
                              Well I have a pi core player on LAN and a couple of other devices on WLAN notebook and phones and stuff.
                              My router has a NetBIOS filter and a Teredo filter set as active.
                              I have got no idea what it is and have no issues with other devices either...

EDIT I have a firewall enabled but that wasn't an issue with any devices and neither with the Zettaly Avy Radio which had access to LMS through WIFI...
                              Connection via LAN didn't help either
                              Also i tried to open a port like 3483 on my NAS but to no avail
                              Last edited by streifenleopard; 2019-03-08, 22:19.

Comment

Working...