Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
    gardenour@gmail.com

Second hand radio not functioning

Check the power supply plug-in. It must output 18 volts DC. it is
    possible you have gotten hold of a lower voltage unit by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenour@gmail.com View Post
    Check the power supply plug-in. It must output 18 volts DC. it is
    possible you have gotten hold of a lower voltage unit by mistake.
    Thanks for the reply, but as stated in my edit to the original post it is now working. Not 100% sure why, but my guess is there is a loose connection somewhere. Still, the device is over 9years old, so not I can't expect it to be perfect. At least I know the internals work... The PSU also seems to be the original.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but as stated in my edit to the original post it is now working. Not 100% sure why, but my guess is there is a loose connection somewhere. Still, the device is over 9years old, so not I can't expect it to be perfect. At least I know the internals work... The PSU also seems to be the original.
    My Radios quite often need a few insertions of the DC plug for charging to start. Still don't really know if it is the connector or that for some reason the Radio does not recognise that the plug has been inserted.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't use my radio often and so it is left off for long periods. It has no battery.

When I use it, I have to plug it in and leave it for a few hours sometimes overnight before it will power up.

IIRC The Radio has a super-capacitor to provide backup power for alarm setting etc. - My theory (no proof), when left unplugged for a period of time, the super-cap becomes discharged and until it is charged, radio will not power up.