Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS will not run on NAS Synology DS718+ after recent DSM update

The update of course may be a red herring, but I had LMS (7.9.1 beta) running very well on my new DS718+ NAS Synology box until I did the NAS DSM update yesterday
    After that the package will not 'Run' anymore...says starting but then just stops again!
    I uninstalled both LMS and Perl and then re-installed both...same issue

Anyone help?

Note: On my older NAS, the LMS (same beta version) is able to run fine
    Last edited by GuyManning; 2019-02-27 at 05:07. Reason: typo

LMS will not run on NAS Synology DS718+ after recent DSMupdate

> The update of course may be a red herring, but I had LMS (7.9.1 beta)

Synology's package or the community's?

> running very well on my new DS718+ NAS Synology box until I did the NAS
    > DSM update yesterday
    > After that the package will not 'Run' anymore...says starting but then
    > just stops again!

Can you grab a copy of the server.log?

--

Michael

Sure .....if u can just remind me of how to get that and send it

LMS 7.9.1-168 BETA Developed by Logitech Published by Synology

In package center, I press the RUN button - its starts to load and then stops again leaving the Run button enabled once again
    Last edited by GuyManning; 2019-02-27 at 05:26.

LMS will not run on NAS Synology DS718+ after recent DSMupdate

> Sure .....if u can just remind me of how to get that and send it
    >
    > 7.9.1-168 BETA Developed by Logitech Published by Synology

That's modified and bundled by Synology, badly outdated and NOT
    distributed by Logitech. You better try to install the community build.

--

Michael

ok looking for that now....

Ok added SynoCommunity and can view Community packages, but cannot see LMS in there ...there are only 2 I find...both Logitech one older - one beta

and as I said...the 7.9.1 beta version is able to run ok on my older NAS, the problem started after the latest DSM update on the new NAS I think
    Last edited by GuyManning; 2019-02-27 at 06:22.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyManning View Post
    ok looking for that now....
    Ok added SynoCommunity and can view Community packages, but cannot see LMS in there ...there are only 2 I find...both Logitech one older - one beta
    and as I said...the 7.9.1 beta version is able to run ok on my older NAS, the problem started after the latest DSM update on the new NAS I think
    I don't know what SynoCommunity is, but I'm using Pinkdot's Synology builds for my Synology DS 716+ II and they work great:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...7-9-2-packages
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms.../files/DSM6.x/

I assume DS 718+ model is a 64 bit Intel model like mine, and you should download LogitechMediaServer-x86_64-7.9.2-168.0018.spk to get the (currently) latest version.

You'll find the LMS interface on port 9002 after install (unlike the official, which as far as I remember is on port 9001).
    Last edited by Stig Nygaard; 2019-02-27 at 11:20.
    /Stig
    rockland.dk - last.fm/user/rockland - discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - flickr.com/photos/stignygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 (LmsUpdate) - 0023.1559540205 @ Jun 5 2019 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

But latest DSM update contains nothing that obviously would be likely to make Synology's older LMS to break. So my guess is, that reboot has triggered some other problem that could be fixed if you want to keep Synology's own version of LMS:

Version: 6.2.1-23824-6

(2019-02-19)

Important Note
    1. The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
    2. This update will restart your Synology NAS if you are using the models listed below.
      • Plus Series : DS218+, DS718+, DS918+, DS1019+
      • Value Series : DS418play

Fixed Issues
    1. Fixed an issue where abnormal reboot while converting SHR type or expanding SHR capacity may cause the storage volume not to be properly mounted.
    2. Fixed an issue where the completion of Snapshot Replication under high load environment may result in abnormal reboot.
    3. Minor bug fixes.

SHR (Synology Hybrid RAID) is some RAID management system from Synology
    /Stig
    rockland.dk - last.fm/user/rockland - discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - flickr.com/photos/stignygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 (LmsUpdate) - 0023.1559540205 @ Jun 5 2019 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...