Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

DigiOne Signature + piCorePlayer 4.1.0 ethernet dropout issues

Hi,

I already posted this on the Allo forum but did not receive a reply.

Anyhow...

I'm getting ethernet signal dropouts with my DigiOne Signature. Unplugging/plugging both the RPi and Signature temporarily solves the problem but is really beginning to annoy me. Never had any such issues with SB Touch on same network.

I'm running LMS 7.9 off recent build high end PC (Win 10/64) with latest version of piCorePlayer 4.1.0 on RPi3 B+ 5V 2.5A PSU on RPi and 5V 3A on Signature.

Router is able to stream BluRay to my Oppo player without a hiccup so I've ruled that out.

Thanks

I'm sorry you feel annoyed.

When I get annoyed I usually take some quite time to myself and have a cup of coffee, or if I'm very annoyed I have a wine or two.

Note: If you are under 30, self medication is no longer a recommended remedy.

Oh... my ethernet issues usually turn out to be a bad cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    I'm sorry you feel annoyed.

When I get annoyed I usually take some quite time to myself and have a cup of coffee, or if I'm very annoyed I have a wine or two.

Note: If you are under 30, self medication is no longer a recommended remedy.
    Thanks for the wisdom.

I usually try to deal with what is annoying me first, then I relax with some wine and good uninterrupted music. Coffee could end up getting making me more irritable. The defective cable theory might hold water if I was getting dropouts with video files as well. But I'll give it a try anyway.

The RPI3B+ has had some ethernet driver problems, I though pCP 4.1.0 kernel had most of them fixed......you might check dmesg for any errors being reported.

That is on the Diagnostics Page. (Beta Mode)
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

How to "seed" data for SuperDateTime screen saver?

I'm setting-up a V4.1.0 piCorePlayer system with the SuperDateTime screensaver V5.10.29. I'm having a problem with getting the SDT screen saver to display weather data after reboots. Nothing is shown until I run the SuperDateTime app and click on Current Conditions a couple of times. After that the SDT screen saver works just fine.

Is there a way to "seed" the weather data after a reboot so that the screen saver just works?

Frank