Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    A Unix executable is unlikely to run on macOS. Can you run it in Terminal window to check you have a compatible version ?
    I went ahead and double-clicked it and got this in Terminal ...

libxvid --enable-libzimg --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-version3 --pkg-config-flags=--static --disable-ffplay
    libavutil 56. 26.100 / 56. 26.100
    libavcodec 58. 51.100 / 58. 51.100
    libavformat 58. 27.102 / 58. 27.102
    libavdevice 58. 7.100 / 58. 7.100
    libavfilter 7. 48.100 / 7. 48.100
    libswscale 5. 4.100 / 5. 4.100
    libswresample 3. 4.100 / 3. 4.100
    libpostproc 55. 4.100 / 55. 4.100
    Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
    usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'
    logout
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.
    Deleting expired sessions...46 completed.

[Process completed]

Attached is a zipped file. The zip file is called custom-convert.zip and it contains one file called custom-convert.conf

Before you attempts the steps below you need to find out where LMS convert.conf file is located on your system. I don't know which directory is used on OSX.macOS system. The directory will contain file such as convert.conf and types.conf . Check there is no custom-convert.conf file already in the directory as replacing the existing file will break something else.

1. Download the attached zip file.
    2. Unzip the zip file and save the file custom-convert.conf
    3. Copy the file custom-convert.conf into the directory which has convert.conf
    4. Make sure custom-convert.conf has the same ownership and permissions as convert.conf
    5. Restart LMS
    6. Check MPEG-4 entries in WebUI Settings/Advanced/FileTypes - that is showing ffmpeg and not faad (e.g. ffmpeg vs faad/flac)
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've followed your instructions, but now in MPEG4 in Settings/Advanced/FileTypes I get only "Native" next to AAC, rest greyed out Disabled. No sign of ffmpeg, and no sign of faad/flac, which was next to FLAC before.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    I've followed your instructions, but now in MPEG4 in Settings/Advanced/FileTypes I get only "Native" next to AAC, rest greyed out Disabled. No sign of ffmpeg, and no sign of faad/flac, which was next to FLAC before.
    That probably means LMS cannot "see" ffmpeg.

Which directory is ffmpeg executable installed ?

In WebUI Settings/Information - at the bottom there is a list of directories besides "Helper Applications Folder" - ffmpeg has to be in one of those directories and with permissions such that the LMS userid can execute it. This is macOS stuff - I don't know specifics, can only guide.

Ha, I'd forgotten to put ffmpeg into the relevant folder, it was still floating around on my desktop. Once I did that, it all fired up as expectedŚand the Scala Listen Again URLs work perfectly.

Thanks again, bpa, as ever, for your patience and help.

And if any other macOS users ever look at this, using macOS 10.14.4, I went to top level/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane, then right clicked and Show Package Contents, then I put bpa's custom-convert.conf file in Contents/server (which is where convert.conf and types.conf etc already reside), then dropped the downloaded ffmpeg file into Contents/server, which directed it into Contents/server/Bin.

A further report, now I have the MPEG4 streams working, related to the Scala Listen Again URLs, as given in post no. 7.

I tried the William Orbit In The Space one for Monday, as noted in that post, and made a URL for a Thursday version. Unfortunately, these streams run only for 10 minutes or so and then stop. Not sure if this is some sort of limitation that Scala puts on them, though that seems unlikely for what are supposed to be Listen Agains.

Anyway, no great problem for me, as those two short stretches of In The Space I heard were disappointing.

But thought I'd point it out.