Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suddenly no mysqueezebox.com

My Squeezebox Boom was suddenly unconnected and not running. I tried starting from scratch and setting up the network in it. I had no problem hooking up with my wi-fi and getting an IP address from my home network. Then when I tried to connect to the mysqueezebox.com it would just endlessly say "Connecting..." or simply "Cannot connect to mysqueezebox.com".

My home network is running fine on my computer & iPad.

I even reset the router just in case that had anything to do with it. It again was able to get an IP Address from the router, but still couldn't hook up with mysqueezebox.com.

Is there a new problem which we need to be aware of ? Does anybody have any advice ?

Occasionally my Boom exhibits the same behavior, typically after a power outage or router problem. My fix is to reboot (just unplug) both Boom and router.
    Plug router back in, wait 30 seconds until it fully powers up, plug Boom back in. That fixes my problem about 90% of the time.
    Some times I then need to recycle (turn off and back on) just the routers WiFi.

That said, I just returned a couple days ago from being out of the country for six weeks, plugged in my Boom, was playing in 20 seconds and no reboots required.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Occasionally my Boom exhibits the same behavior, typically after a power outage or router problem. My fix is to reboot (just unplug) both Boom and router.
    Plug router back in, wait 30 seconds until it fully powers up, plug Boom back in. That fixes my problem about 90% of the time.
    Some times I then need to recycle (turn off and back on) just the routers WiFi.

That said, I just returned a couple days ago from being out of the country for six weeks, plugged in my Boom, was playing in 20 seconds and no reboots required.
    Yes, I tried exactly what you're saying here (several times) - unplug both ; start router back up ; start Boom back up ; startup network setup on Boom, get the IP address assigned from my network .... "Setup Complete".......and then can't connect to mysqueezebox.com.

I've used the wifi to connect to internet (including mysqueezebox.com) with my iPad & desktop.

Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What region are you guys living in? Rather US or EU?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    What region are you guys living in? Rather US or EU?

--

Michael
    I'm in US.

Ok, that's it for me. I've screwed around with this pain in the ass product for 5yrs now.

I just ordered the Grace Mondo+, I'll see how that goes.

US east

> US east

And still facing issues?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > US east

And still facing issues?

--

Michael
    no issues here

Just to follow up : I've got the Grace Mondo+ all fired up and working in my place and am very happy with it. Much easier to work than the Boom. Granted, it's still a system which mostly relies on navigating via a big knob, but it's much easier to use it on a 3.5" screen rather than a single line display.

- Much easier to search for radio stations
    - Bluetooth makes adds so much more value to it. Controlling it with an iPhone & iPad with that makes it twice as valuable as the Boom. The aux cable of the Boom is just not nearly as helpful.
    - Other individual settings which make for convenience (ie adjustment of screen brightness based on time of day)

One drawback I would say is that the Boom had better sound. But to me, that is fine because I only listen to this while laying in bed two feet away from it. So I never turn mine up too much.