Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Booms keep freezing up

I have had a Squeezebox Touch and 2 Booms for a long time and have never had a problem. Recently I have had problems with the Booms. When I go to turn one of them on I hit the power button, and at first nothing happens. Then it says connecting and then nothing, it never turns on. When I look at the drop down option to choose what player I want to control using either the LMS remote on my PC or if I use the Squeezer app on my phone it only shows the Touch as an option. The only thing that fixes the problem is if I unplug the Boom and plug it back in, it automatically connects back to the network and works perfectly. But when I come back later to use it again, it doesn't work again and only unplugging and plugging it back in works. Any advice? Like I said, I have been using these for years without any problems.

My one Boom does this with the same symptoms and remedy. How ever, mine only has this issue after a router reboot (planned or not) so this is a rare occurrence.

[QUOTE=coolflea216;934318When I go to turn one of them on I hit the power button, and at first nothing happens. Then it says connecting and then nothing, it never turns on. [/QUOTE]

When in this state:
    * Does your router see the Boom as being connected to your network ?
    * Can you access the Booms firmware menu and if so, confirm the IP address of your LMS server in the Boom is the same as your LMS server ?
    * Can the Boom connect to mysqueezebox.com ?