Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Using both digital and analog outs on Touch simultaneously

I'd like to add a powered subwoofer into my system, but the only way to take an output is from the analog outs on the back of the Touch. The coax out is already going to my DAC. I use the Touch to control volume in my system and virtually 100% of my listening is via the Touch. This isn't ideal, but it should work, right? The digital and analog outs track volume the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    I'd like to add a powered subwoofer into my system, but the only way to take an output is from the analog outs on the back of the Touch. The coax out is already going to my DAC. I use the Touch to control volume in my system and virtually 100% of my listening is via the Touch. This isn't ideal, but it should work, right? The digital and analog outs track volume the same?
    both are live at the same time. I would assume volume is identical. never tested this.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

It's only as identical if it has the same output level as your dac, but it's the same signal and it scales the same as the volume is changed up or down.

- unless you're using the EDO plugin which enables only the digital output.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Thanks guys.