Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

[Announce] Client Cleanup v1.0

Here's another small plugin: Client Cleanup. It allows you to get rid of all those orphaned client configurations which accumulated over the past year(s) of toying with Squeezeplay, Squeezelite, piCorePlayer and others. I saw a need after I figured out my server.prefs had configurations for 60-70 players... many of which have not around for many years...

For best results make sure you clean out your mysqueezebox.com account, too, and install the latest LMS 7.9.2, as older builds would re-create entries for any player you have on mysb.com, even if it had never been seen by your current server.

Happy cleanup!
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Here's another small plugin: Client Cleanup. It allows you to get rid of all those orphaned client configurations which accumulated over the past year(s) of toying with Squeezeplay, Squeezelite, piCorePlayer and others. I saw a need after I figured out my server.prefs had configurations for 60-70 players... many of which have not around for many years...

For best results make sure you clean out your mysqueezebox.com account, too, and install the latest LMS 7.9.2, as older builds would re-create entries for any player you have on mysb.com, even if it had never been seen by your current server.

Happy cleanup!
    Plugin doesn't seem to want to install (RPi/pCP). Tried twice, it goes through the motions, but always ends up unchecked in 3rd party plugins.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Same thing here - I'm guessing it won't work until the next build is available.

Also, how do you clean out the mysb account too?

[Announce] Client Cleanup v1.0

> Same thing here - I'm guessing it won't work until the next build is
    > available.

Could you please try again? I had uploaded the wrong file...

> Also, how do you clean out the mysb account too?

Go to mysb.com, Players and remove anything you don't use any more.

--

Michael

> Same thing here - I'm guessing it won't work until the next build is
    > available.

Could you please try again? I had uploaded the wrong file...

> Also, how do you clean out the mysb account too?

Go to mysb.com, Players and remove anything you don't use any more.

--

Michael
    Thanks.

That's got it.

Only 37 players listed.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Is mySB.com login currently having a hissy fit?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Happy cleanup!
    I have installed the plugin but have no idea how to use it. I must be missing something obvious.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I have installed the plugin but have no idea how to use it. I must be missing something obvious.

LMS > Settings > Advanced > Client Cleanup, should list a few dozen players, may of which you no longer use?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    LMS > Settings > Advanced > Client Cleanup, should list a few dozen players, may of which you no longer use?
    Thanks. Found about 10 all last used on the same day in 2018. No idea what I was doing at that time.

Happy cleanup!
    Great idea! I decided to clean out old unused players a couple of weeks ago (I had ~30 unused IIRC) after some strange issue with the settings/player menu, but I had to do it old style: stop LMS, take a deep breath and start hacking away in (a copy of) server.prefs fils. It worked but I was very confused when most of the removed players came back in the prefs file after a wile. Well, cleaning out in mysqueezebox.com was easier than editing a cryptic prefs file. Silly to forget though.

(The issue with the settings/player menu was that the drop-down list for players and sub-menus were missing, only the basic menu for the current player was shown. Not even the clean-up of the server.prefs or erasing of the cache/templates catalogue helped. When I accidentally started to change the name of the (current) player in the name field, did the drop-down menus reappear. It has worked since, but I have no idea what the cause was.)

Thanks as always for keeping the eco-system well and healthy!
    2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer v6.0.0-b9 on RaspBerry 3B, 1 Raspian and squeezelite 1.8 on PiZero
    LMS 8.0.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB. All wired
    Main audio system: Magnepan 3.6, amp "Gdis 400", DAC & pre: NAD M51, streamers: SB Touch // NAD M50