Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Should edit the links to remove the key - and send the contents of the file by PM to Michael.

I've tried it ... works from Chrome but not mplayer - so something special going on ...
    It is AAC delivered by Icecast. But perhaps something odd in the way it is done.
    Paul, could you please tell me how to download it .. the file I downloaded is only 383 bytes.. so I must be doing something wrong isnt it?

The file is a playlist ... it is a small text file that contains the URL(s) to the real stream.
    So just open it up in a text editor and paste the contents into a PM to Michael.
    I can do it later on if needed (am not at computer where it is sitting).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    The file is a playlist ... it is a small text file that contains the URL(s) to the real stream.
    So just open it up in a text editor and paste the contents into a PM to Michael.
    I can do it later on if needed (am not at computer where it is sitting).
    Thanks, then thats fine... i ve opened it up with TextEdit (macos) and am sending it to Michael. Its the size that got me concerned that i might have erred..Many thanks, again

Some SB models (Boom, Classic/SB3, Transporter, Receiver/Duet) cannot play AAC. They'd need the server to transcode it. myst.com does not do this. You'd only be able to play these streams on SB Radio/Touch, or by using LMS.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Some SB models (Boom, Classic/SB3, Transporter, Receiver/Duet) cannot play AAC. They'd need the server to transcode it. myst.com does not do this. You'd only be able to play these streams on SB Radio/Touch, or by using LMS.
    I have a SB Touch as well but am facing the same issue..even if I change my prefs to 320Kbps mp3 in the radiotunes settings.. adding to favourites and playing using LMS no probs, its only Radiotunes, ClassicalRadio.com and Jazzradio.com thats having this problem..Tune in Radio, and several other stations that i ve saved to Favourites on mysqueezebox.com work flawlessly on both Classic and SbTouch

Could the station be geolocked when using msb.com as the msyb.com servers may be in a different country to the OP's subscription ?

URL/opml manually...

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > The only way I found I could get them to play was to connect to LMS on
    > my Macbook Air, add each URL /opml manually to favourites using the web
    > remote control from LMS. But all this ceases if the laptop is closed or
    > shut down..

Would those URLs be https or http?

--

Michael
    I want to add ClassicalRadio.com to LMS. I can't remember the steps to add the URL via the web interface. Can someone help with the steps?
    Music Sources: TIDAL & Spotify > LMS 8.1.2 > Three SBTs controlled using iPeng 9.7.4 app on iOS devices.
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers
    Library: SB Touch(2) > Wyred mINT > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Big Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Dayton Audio amp > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL > iPhone > Bose Mini BT speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    I want to add ClassicalRadio.com to LMS. I can't remember the steps to add the URL via the web interface. Can someone help with the steps?
    In the default interface, past the URL into the "Tune In URL" field, under Radio, in the left pane. After you add it to the current playlist you can add it to Favorites.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Are We In The Same Interface?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    In the default interface, past the URL into the "Tune In URL" field, under Radio, in the left pane. After you add it to the current playlist you can add it to Favorites.
    Thanks for your help. But...I'm on a Mac laptop with the "default" LMS web interface. There are nine tabs across the top. Under those I don't see any "Tune in URL" selection or field. Did I make a "wrong turn?"
    Music Sources: TIDAL & Spotify > LMS 8.1.2 > Three SBTs controlled using iPeng 9.7.4 app on iOS devices.
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers
    Library: SB Touch(2) > Wyred mINT > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Big Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Dayton Audio amp > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL > iPhone > Bose Mini BT speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    Thanks for your help. But...I'm on a Mac laptop with the "default" LMS web interface. There are nine tabs across the top. Under those I don't see any "Tune in URL" selection or field. Did I make a "wrong turn?"
    I'm not sure I can help, since I don't use Macs. Here's what I see on my Linux desktop browser when I go to the LMS default interface:
    Name:  radio-input.png
Views: 72
Size:  30.3 KB

That's the upper left corner. I've collapsed all the other menus (My Music, My Apps, Favorites, and Extras) so only the Radio menu is open. At the bottom of the indented list below "Radio," is the "Tune In URL" option, when the mouse hovers over that line, the text entry field appears and you can type or paste the URL there. You then can play that or append it to the current playlist.

If that's not what you see on your Mac, I hope somebody who knows more than I do can help!
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.