Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New in 7.9.2: Presets editor

I added a minor new feature to LMS 7.9.2: a Presets Editor plugin. You'd find it in Settings/Player. It allows you to review and modify the presets defined for your players. This is mostly interesting for Boom and Radio users. But other devices can take advantage of presets, too, by using the numerical keys on an IR remote.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

That's a nice feature, thank you. A while ago I was trying to assign presets via button presses on a pCP, using the sbpd tool. I put that aside as I wasn't getting anywhere, but with this new presets editor it makes sense to have those presets buttons again - no need to figure out how to assign them via button presses, they just need to recall them. It's a while since I was trying this - I assume the functions called by the IR buttons can be replicated within sbpd. I'll dig out that thread.

How to - playing presets from SB IR remotes

Using the “Preset Editor” you can assign a favourite/track/radio station/playlist to an SB IR remote number button.

Boom/SB3/Transporter and similar players:

To start playing a preset from the IR remote, press and hold the desired button until you see (e.g.) “Preset #8 (Hold to save)”, release the button, the assigned favourite/track/radio station/playlist should start playing.

Touch/Radio:

Settings > Advanced > Beta Features > Shortcuts > scroll down to “IR Hold 1” right arrow > scroll down to “Play Preset 1” > right arrow.
    Repeat above for all IR number buttons you wish to use.
    To play a preset defined in the “Preset Editor”, press and hold (2 secs) the corresponding number button on the remote.

NB – On the Touch and Radio although there are “IR Hold 0-9”, there are only “Play preset 1-6”, so you can only actually use remote buttons 1-6 as presets.

A couple of pics.

Name:  IR01.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  IR02.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  30.4 KB
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2019-01-25 at 13:21.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Brilliant

I have SB Radios in each of my kids' bedrooms (ages 3-8). It is shocking how frequently they make a mess of the presets and complain.
    Randy
    2xBoom, 3xRadio, 1xDuet, 1xSoundbridge

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    It's a while since I was trying this - I assume the functions called by the IR buttons can be replicated within sbpd. I'll dig out that thread.
    Just for completeness, to recall a preset on a pCP, using button presses, the command configuration for the sbpd tool is of the form:
    Code:
    PRE1=["button","preset_1.single"]
    Then assign 'PRE1' to a GPIO button press.

This new presets editor now makes it a doddle to assign things to those presets, with the result that a few preset buttons on my pCP-based amplifier project will become a much more worthwhile feature. And I'm going to go back and study that Random Seed thread again to set up some genre-based Spotify/DSTM presets

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Just for completeness, to recall a preset on a pCP, using button presses, the command configuration for the sbpd tool is of the form:
    Code:
    PRE1=["button","preset_1.single"]
    Then assign 'PRE1' to a GPIO button press.

This new presets editor now makes it a doddle to assign things to those presets, with the result that a few preset buttons on my pCP-based amplifier project will become a much more worthwhile feature. And I'm going to go back and study that Random Seed thread again to set up some genre-based Spotify/DSTM presets
    Iĺve been using Random Seeds preset on my Kitchen Radio for nearly a week now. Works brilliantly and now I can change the buttons around without even being there!
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Thatĺs cool , maybe one should start to use these again , still have the boom
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Hi, I just tried to use this new feature to tidy up the labels for my Radios, but when I click "Apply" it reverts back.

7.9.2 - 1548427341 @ Fri Jan 25
    Operating system: Windows 7 - EN - cp1252

New in 7.9.2: Presets editor

> Hi, I just tried to use this new feature to tidy up the labels for my
    > Radios, but when I click "Apply" it reverts back.

Ah... I thought nobody would be changing those texts and didn't save
    changes when the URL was not changed. New build should be out in an hour
    or two.

--

Michael

Thanks Michael, works fine now. What would make this plugin super useful is the ability to save the information to a file for backup and for copying from one device to another.