Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by agbagb View Post
    1 for BBC R3, 2 for R4, 3 for 4Ex and 4 for France Culture.
    Persuading the family to use "2" for R4 shows that they can accept the radical!

Here
    1 France Inter
    2 FIP
    3 Radio Paradise
    4 BBC R4
    5 FIP Monde
    6 BBC 6Music
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by agbagb View Post
    I agree in so far as I have never myself found the need. However, having got Madame AGBAGB to put an LMS app on her phone, she did enquire why she could not simply continue to do the thing she best understands - 1 for BBC R3, 2 for R4, 3 for 4Ex and 4 for France Culture. She has a point (as ever) ..... I love the precise control of quite complex audio that the LMS world gives me (brilliantly well-supported by the Resident Geniuses here...); others though want to use the same physical kit in a far, far simpler way.
    Well, with Material you can pin your favourites to its home screen - this, IMHO, makes things easier, as you don't need to remember a number mapping and the station logo is on the first screen you see.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Well, with Material you can pin your favourites to its home screen - this, IMHO, makes things easier, as you don't need to remember a number mapping and the station logo is on the first screen you see.
    Agreed - and I have a nice list of Favorites of all sorts, pinned. Madame AGBAGB on the other hand......
    8.2.1 - 1639114554
    Win11
    Control: Web GUI; MaterialSkin on Android phones / pads

b) Freebox Pop Wifi6 / Mesh
    External SSD, WiFi Laptop
    2 x Touch LAN (Firmware:8.0.1-r16907)
    2 x SB Radios, Wireless (8.0.1-r16907)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Persuading the family to use "2" for R4 shows that they can accept the radical!

Here
    1 France Inter
    2 FIP
    3 Radio Paradise
    4 BBC R4
    5 FIP Monde
    6 BBC 6Music
    Damn - I never thought of that....... But, let's just say that, not being R1 or R2 folks (nor 5 and 6 neither), we start with 3 in 1st place! I'm still shuddering at the dark day when 7 became part of the 4 family!
    8.2.1 - 1639114554
    Win11

Staying with Logitech, but slightly changing the subject by way of illustration of variety of user experience - the Harmony all-in-one remotes. I **loved** them, and had them "perfectly" set up - and I was the only person who ever picked them up (well, more than once.....). Different folks / different strokes, I guess. Anyway, I haven't been married for well over 40 years without knowing when I'm beat!
    8.2.1 - 1639114554
    Win11

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I added a minor new feature to LMS 7.9.2: a Presets Editor plugin. You'd find it in Settings/Player. It allows you to review and modify the presets defined for your players. ...
    A really helpful feature - I appreciate it! The icing on the cake would be a download and upload functionality (XML file?) to be able to save the presets locally and, if necessary, quickly import them again or transfer them from one device to another.*

Best wishes

Black Senator

P.S. * I even would like to have the same feature for PodCasts...

I love this feature, just wondering why the UI (Material Skin?) lets me set up to 10 presets when, as far as I can tell, the remote only supports up to 6.

Quote Originally Posted by starwalt View Post
    I love this feature, just wondering why the UI (Material Skin?) lets me set up to 10 presets when, as far as I can tell, the remote only supports up to 6.
    I suppose that depends on the remote control device you are using. For control of my piCorePlayer I am using an RF remote control (described in this thread). Keys 1 to 9 select presets 1 to 9, and key 0 selects preset 10.
    | LMS 8.3.1 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.2.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |