Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How to fast forward through track?

Could someone remind me how to fast forward through a track?
    I thought holding down the >> button was the trick, but that just opens a popup that increments a number once per second.

Don't do a long press. Just a click on that button should skip to the next song. I presume you're talking a Duet controller since you posted in the Duet forum?
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftie View Post
    Could someone remind me how to fast forward through a track?
    I thought holding down the >> button was the trick, but that just opens a popup that increments a number once per second.
    When the popup appears release the button then long press again and the time will increment faster.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I remember in the popup (appearing after a long press) you can fast forward with the scroll wheel and continue the song at the chosen time by pressing the button in the middle of the wheel.

Reminds me of the fact that the Duet Controller for its time (no smartphones!) really was an absolutely fantastic and visionary human computer interface.

Quote Originally Posted by cramcram View Post
    I remember in the popup (appearing after a long press) you can fast forward with the scroll wheel and continue the song at the chosen time by pressing the button in the middle of the wheel.

Reminds me of the fact that the Duet Controller for its time (no smartphones!) really was an absolutely fantastic and visionary human computer interface.
    That works as well but you don't need to press the button to play from the chosen time, just release the scroll wheel. I just tried this after seeing your comment. Every day is a school day.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2019-01-25 at 05:20.