Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Disassemble Duet controller to clean scroll wheel

    Hi,
    someone in the forum can tell me how to open (disassemble, teardown) DUET controller to make i clean wheel that is so hard to turn?

    I KNOW I CAN USE APPS FOR SMARTPHONES AND I STILL DO, BUT I WANNA HAVE THE CONTROLLER WORKING BECAUSE OF I DON'T LIKE HAVE A THING DON'T WORK.

    HELP VINCENZO

  2. #2
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,216

    Disassemble Duet controller to clean scrollwheel

    > someone in the forum can tell me how to open (disassemble, teardown)
    > DUET controller to make i clean wheel that is so hard to turn?


    If you open the battery compartment, then you'll find four small screws.
    Tried to remove them? I haven't.

    --

    Michael

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > someone in the forum can tell me how to open (disassemble, teardown)
    > DUET controller to make i clean wheel that is so hard to turn?


    If you open the battery compartment, then you'll find four small screws.
    Tried to remove them? I haven't.

    --

    Michael


    Thanks Michael,
    I saw these 4 screws but:

    1) don't know type of screwdriver to use
    2) Was serching someone already done it to be sure about what to do,....

  4. #4
    Senior Member w3wilkes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    I've not opened the controller, but I have opened one of my receivers and replaced a failed wifi card. The receiver uses Torx screws so I'd guess that the controller also uses Torx.

    UPDATE: Just looked in one of my controllers... They're small Phillips head screws.
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2019-01-24 at 10:47.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    16,993
    This was a thread on how to disassemble controller but photos have died with picasa

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...connectivitivy

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    This was a thread on how to disassemble controller but photos have died with picasa

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...connectivitivy
    Photo are not avaiable anymore, too old the thread and picasa trash them I think......

    Help.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    16,993
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo ippolito View Post
    Photo are not avaiable anymore, too old the thread and picasa trash them I think......

    Help.....
    The owner can recover them ( Iknow I had Picasa album) but owner (PeterDB) has not been on forum since 2010.

    However I just checked and removed screws from an old Controller - they are just a small philips/crosshead screw (not posidriv). The screwdriver (not flat one) from a spectacle repair kit worked well.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The owner can recover them ( Iknow I had Picasa album) but owner (PeterDB) has not been on forum since 2010.

    However I just checked and removed screws from an old Controller - they are just a small philips/crosshead screw (not posidriv). The screwdriver (not flat one) from a spectacle repair kit worked well.
    Thank you.

    I tried to send a private mail to peter hope will reply..... hopeness is last to die.

  9. #9
    Not sure if this is of help: Long time ago I saved some of the on-line tutorials for disassembling the hardware as Word-files (copy paste from the web).
    I have attached the material I saved at that time...
    Cheers,
    Frank
    Squeezebox Duet Take Apart.pdf


    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo ippolito View Post
    Thank you.

    I tried to send a private mail to peter hope will reply..... hopeness is last to die.
    Last edited by frankd; 2019-02-16 at 12:29.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, England
    Posts
    140
    I certainly need to do this too - the scroll wheel on mine is so stiff !

    I guess just squirting switch cleaner on the wheel won't do the trick will it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •