Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I have two transporters (one in main system, one a spare). I obviously like the TP. I use the balanced analog outs of the TP to feed my preamp. If I was using a separate DAC, I'd be equally happy with the Touch or TP. The TP is a good digital transport, but using it only as such is a waste of its really good DAC and analog audio chain.
    I am not so sure if it would be better than the Touch if used strictly as a digital transport, I agree with you. However, there are some people including @sgmlaw think it is better even used only as a transport. We all know this hobby is about personal taste and it is only me how can decide which is better or same or worse. Still, canít help asking othersí opinions.

Donít you wish we all had the opportunity to try everything out there and pick an equipment/system after a blind test

I don't think there is a DAC that can out perform the Transporter, for under $2000. I know several people who tried chasing those DAC rainbows (for their Transporters) and they never could find anything better within their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    I don't think there is a DAC that can out perform the Transporter, for under $2000. I know several people who tried chasing those DAC rainbows (for their Transporters) and they never could find anything better within their budget.
    Wow that is a big statement just sold off my audiolab m-dac and awaiting a transporter that cost just over half the cost of my sale, hopefully it will be true.

Quote Originally Posted by cattlethief View Post
    Wow that is a big statement just sold off my audiolab m-dac and awaiting a transporter that cost just over half the cost of my sale, hopefully it will be true.
    I just A/B the Bluesound 2i and my old Transporter and hands down the Transporter wins for warmth and ease of listening. It will take a lot of auditions of new DACs to pry my Transporter out of my system. The only thing I am looking for is full MQA unfolding on the DAC and to compare Higher rate DSD.

Ozz

Upgrade the SBT PS with an Uptone Audio LPS-1.2

If you like your SBT, and your budget isnít ready for the Sonore Renduís, or any other modern streamer/endpoint, I guarantee you a very notable lift in SQ if you power the SBT with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 PS. (Money back if not is possible I think).

Add a DC cable from Ghent Audio with 2.5 mm plug for the SBT (And JSSG360).

If you later like to upgrade your SBT, that PS will still be useful in powering several streamers, especially the Sonore Renduís.

You may also get a SQ lift in purchase the upcoming EtherRegen, but for $600, I suppose itís not your first priority 😀

I'm late to this thread but based on my experience am surprised by:

I didnít do a big changes/tries but I couldnít really tell any difference between SBT, Allo Digione <snip>
    I've been running piCorePlayer for a while; it quickly replaced a SBT in my main stereo and the SBT has not been out of its box since. My first Pi had a digital output HAT on it.

As soon as I plugged the DigiOne in I could not believe the difference it made through my existing DACs. The HAT was the only thing changed in my system.

I truly wasn't expecting to find that the digital source into a DAC would change the sound. For me it was a dramatic improvement.

I'm late to this thread but based on my experience am surprised by:

I didnít do a big changes/tries but I couldnít really tell any difference between SBT, Allo Digione <snip>
    I've been running piCorePlayer for a while; it quickly replaced a SBT in my main stereo and the SBT has not been out of its box since. My first Pi had a digital output HAT on it.

As soon as I plugged the DigiOne in I could not believe the difference it made through my existing DACs. The HAT was the only thing changed in my system.

I truly wasn't expecting to find that the digital source into a DAC would change the sound. For me it was a dramatic improvement.