Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    My line voltage readings are correct: 118. Must have a different issue.

This thread scared me into buying a backup Transporter.

Just bought one. I'm convinced that this problem will be solved. So much knowledge on this forum. Perhaps Joe can chime in?
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Having searched forum - other posters are correct Voltage should be your AC voltage. Interesting how processoir seemsto eb working OK - so are there two AC power supplies in Trasnporter ?

edit:

Maybe it is AC power supply to DAC.

Some repair hints and circuit explanations are here
    https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/...er-repair.html

Read the section titled "Noisy DAC / Bad Analog Output" and look for the DAC LEDs
    As I read the text - I think one of the toroidal transformers supplies DAC +15V & -15V and there is a fault in this area.
    This is also what I thought when troubleshooting the issue in the first place. Once I opened the case and saw the blown transformer I was sure it was causing the issue.
    Although after replacing the blown unit with a brand new one, the issue prevailed unfortunately. I even replaced the PSU supplying the display unit...

I'm sending my transporter to a friend who is way more capable of fixing electronics than I am. I'll keep you guys posted as we go...

In the meantime, I'm looking into buying a backup unit... just in case :-)

Hi,

I've had my Transporter for 12 years now. I've experienced the same problem as described in this thread. My Squeezebox Touch and Squeezebox Radio are working fine, so the problem is not LMS. I'm not sure if it is in anyway related by the problem - coincidentally? - occurred when I had to replace my router/switch. The Transporter was sitting idle for a couple of days until got connected to LMS again when the new Router/Switch was installed. Also, what was funny was that it initially had the same IP as LMS. I cannot pin it down but I have the feeling that it's somehow a network problem. I mean what hardware defect in the Transporter could possible result in this kind of behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovietnik View Post
    I mean what hardware defect in the Transporter could possible result in this kind of behavior?
    I think there are two problems in this thread with similar symptoms - circlotron's & DrJazzer's

DrJazzers has a low voltage issue of some sort which is indicated in the LMS Setting/Information. Circlotron has normal voltage indicated which may mean a different problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovietnik View Post
    Hi,

I've had my Transporter for 12 years now. I've experienced the same problem as described in this thread. My Squeezebox Touch and Squeezebox Radio are working fine, so the problem is not LMS. I'm not sure if it is in anyway related by the problem - coincidentally? - occurred when I had to replace my router/switch. The Transporter was sitting idle for a couple of days until got connected to LMS again when the new Router/Switch was installed. Also, what was funny was that it initially had the same IP as LMS. I cannot pin it down but I have the feeling that it's somehow a network problem. I mean what hardware defect in the Transporter could possible result in this kind of behavior?
    Does the unit appear to be playing the track? Does the track name show up on the display?

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    Does the unit appear to be playing the track? Does the track name show up on the display?
    It does appear as if the trach is about to start playing as even the VU starts moving slightly but then nothing. It's almost as if the Transporter crashed. I can still browse through the menus, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I think there are two problems in this thread with similar symptoms - circlotron's & DrJazzer's

DrJazzers has a low voltage issue of some sort which is indicated in the LMS Setting/Information. Circlotron has normal voltage indicated which may mean a different problem.
    From the last post of DrJazzers I understood that the problem prevailed despite the fact of changing the PSU. I'm not tech-savvy enough to understand the functionality of every single component of the Transporter I do wonder if we could not narrow down the possible causes of this problem by focusing on the symptom. Hence the question. What possible hardware defect could lead to his kind of malfunction? I mean, the malfunction is as follows:

1. Transporter won't play, i.e. no sound after choosing and playing a song (regardless of format, mp3, FLAC, Wav)

2. VU meter moves a tiny bit and then everything seems to freeze (although I can still browse the menus on the Transporter)

3. No issues with distorted sound (as no sound at all, no playing progress shown on the Transporter)

In case of electronic component malfunction (leaked cap, etc...) I would expect the unit to not work at all or at least have low volume or distorted sound. My (wild) guess is that the fault is somewhere on the "digital" side (network?), and not so much on the electronical analogue side. It just occurred to me that I should test the following. Feed a Digital audio signal from my Oppo-205 into the Transporter and see if I get an analogue signal out. Maybe this helps to narrow down the possible error sources.

I'd like to add myself to the list of transporter owners with the problem described in this thread.

I had started a thread (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...t-play-anymore) and someone pointed me to this thread.

• My symptoms are the same: the transporter displays "now playing", elapsed time of 0:00, which stays at 0:00. It's not that there is no sound, it's that the stream does not play.
    • The transporter fails the same way no matter what the source (LMS mp3 & FLAC, radio, or mysqueezebox.com radio)
    • I see no indications of network issues - nothing in the logs, no conflicting IP addresses, and all my other players (Radios & Touch) work.
    • The voltage reported on the LMS settings>information tab is between 129V and 131V ... except for once when it was 49V when the transporter was switching to power off. A few seconds latter it was back at 130. I wonder if the voltage drops and I never noticed because I checked constantly, refreshing the page, and it was normal except for that one time, so perhaps a fully functioning transporter shows voltage drops on the information screen, but we never notice because we don't look all the time. (I tried to find a CLI command that would return the voltage so I could automate the voltage checking, but no luck).
    • I have the same fullness=3145727 issue as DrJazzer: unlike for my other players, the fullness never returns to zero as if the player's buffer filled up and then the player chokes.

I haven't been able to try Sovietnik's test with a digital feed into the transporter because I don't have the right cables.

The only thing I tried that has not been mentioned is that I forced a downgrade to transporter firmware 84, and then upgraded back to firmware 87, hoping that by forcing the refresh, it would solve the problem. No luck: whether on firmware 84 or the refreshed 87, the problem remained.

Like others, I bought a "new" transporter on ebay. Nevertheless, I hope to find a fix to this mystery.