Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Short Update: Transformer might be the culprit

I've opened the enclosure of my Transporter and spotted a pretty "bloated" transformer (the one that supplies the DAC).
    Once the part is delivered, I'm going to replace the transformer and keep you posted...Name:  IMG_5003.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  194.1 KB

Wow. I've seen bulging caps before but nothing like that. I wonder if it's heat related.

Good question whether this is heat-related. It has been sitting on top of my amplifiers... but they should not get that hot...
    I hope this has caused the issue and is not a symptom for something else...

The Transporter can get pretty warm inside since there are no vents. According to this site that little PSU module can reach 90 degrees in some situations. So I'm not sure if putting it on an amp is a good idea.

https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/...er-repair.html

My Transporter is 10 years old and was unmodified until after the failure. Nothing as obvious as the swollen transformer on mine.
    Last edited by circlotron; 2019-04-04 at 21:07.

I just realized now that DrJazzer's Transporter is modified. So it's entirely possible that the mod may have contributed to the issue.

The transformer did obviously not cause the issue

Hi everybody, quick update from my end: The transformer arrived finally and I replaced the blown one right away - bad news: the issue prevailed, it was not the transformer.
    It all works fine until you start playing a track and nothing happens at all. The progress bar does not move at all.

I also replaced the PSU of the Transporter's display but this didn't do the trick either... I'm kind of at the end of the road here :-(

Yes, my Transporter is modded by Aberdeen but I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Is it possible to reinstall the firmware of the Transporter? Doing this fixed a Touch that I once had when it started acting up. I'm not sure if it can be done on the Transporter or not.

Also, it might not hurt to do another reset or two. Here are the exact instructions...

Xilinx reset:
    * Disconnect the power
    * Press and hold "1" on the remote
    * Reconnect the power
    * Release the "1" button when you see "Programming xilinx" on the screen

Factory reset:
    * Disconnect the power
    * Press and hold "Add" (+) on the remote
    * Reconnect the power
    * Release the "Add" button when you see "Factory reset..." on the screen
    Last edited by Fizbin; 2019-04-11 at 14:48.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJazzer View Post
    It all works fine until you start playing a track and nothing happens at all. The progress bar does not move at all.
    The progress bar is a graphic driven by LMS - transporter does not know anything about it. If the bar or elapsed time do not change then LMS is not sending data

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The progress bar is a graphic driven by LMS - transporter does not know anything about it. If the bar or elapsed time do not change then LMS is not sending data
    Strange - it shows the same behavior when connected to mysqueezebox.com or another (vanilla) LMS instance on another platform and PC.

I have tried both resetting the preferences back to factory standards as well as the xilinx reset.