Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer 4.1.0 with LMS and SuperDateTime Plugin

Hello,
    I set up a Raspberry Pi3B+ with a fresh piCorePlayer Installation. Installed LMS, scanned my Music and everything works fine so far.
    But as soon as a install the SuperDateTime Plugin in LMS (tried both, the WU and Weather.com Version) i lost the Ability to restart LMS via
    the pCP LMS Page. I can Stop LMS but Start or Restart is not working.
    It's not the biggest Problem but after any LMS Update or Changes in the Plugins i have to reboot the complete Raspberry to get
    LMS starting again.
    Maybe someone has an idea or workaround for me.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baxxy View Post
    Hello,
    I set up a Raspberry Pi3B+ with a fresh piCorePlayer Installation. Installed LMS, scanned my Music and everything works fine so far.
    But as soon as a install the SuperDateTime Plugin in LMS (tried both, the WU and Weather.com Version) i lost the Ability to restart LMS via
    the pCP LMS Page. I can Stop LMS but Start or Restart is not working.
    It's not the biggest Problem but after any LMS Update or Changes in the Plugins i have to reboot the complete Raspberry to get
    LMS starting again.
    Maybe someone has an idea or workaround for me.
    Thanks
    Probably need to look at the LMS server logs
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Hello,
    i removed the LMS Cache from pCP LMS Site, added the repo https://sourceforge.net/projects/sdt...files/repo.xml to LMS Plugins and installed the SuperDateTime Plugin.
    Then i try to restart LMS from the pCP LMS Site.

LMS log:
    Code:
    [19-01-20 23:21:45.0281] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1547616941, Wed Jan 16 06:52:26 CET 2019) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.5529] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (287) Warning: Module [Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin] failed to load:
    Can't locate HTML/TreeBuilder.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/HTML/TreeBuilder.pm: Permission denied at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Plugins/SuperDateTime/Plugin.pm line 197.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Plugins/SuperDateTime/Plugin.pm line 197.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 905) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 905) line 1.

[19-01-20 23:21:47.5558] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.5583] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (287) Warning: Module [Slim::Plugin::Visualizer::Plugin] failed to load:
    Can't locate Slim/Plugin/Visualizer/Plugin.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Slim/Plugin/Visualizer/Plugin.pm: Permission denied at (eval 908) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 908) line 1.

[19-01-20 23:21:47.5598] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Slim::Plugin::Visualizer::Plugin
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.5619] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (287) Warning: Module [Slim::Plugin::WiMP::Plugin] failed to load:
    Can't locate Slim/Plugin/WiMP/Plugin.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Slim/Plugin/WiMP/Plugin.pm: Permission denied at (eval 909) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 909) line 1.

[19-01-20 23:21:47.5633] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Slim::Plugin::WiMP::Plugin
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.5730] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (393) Warning: Couldn't call Slim::Plugin::DnDPlay::Plugin->initPlugin: Can't locate Slim/Plugin/DnDPlay/Settings.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Slim/Plugin/DnDPlay/Settings.pm: Permission denied at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/DnDPlay/Plugin.pm line 43.
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.5735] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (393) Warning: Couldn't call Slim::Plugin::DontStopTheMusic::Plugin->initPlugin: Can't locate Slim/Plugin/DontStopTheMusic/Settings.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Slim/Plugin/DontStopTheMusic/Settings.pm: Permission denied at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/DontStopTheMusic/Plugin.pm line 39.
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.5740] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (393) Warning: Couldn't call Slim::Plugin::ExtendedBrowseModes::Plugin->initPlugin: Can't locate Slim/Plugin/ExtendedBrowseModes/Settings.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Slim/Plugin/ExtendedBrowseModes/Settings.pm: Permission denied at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/ExtendedBrowseModes/Plugin.pm line 69.
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.6333] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (393) Warning: Couldn't call Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::Plugin->initPlugin: Can't locate Slim/Plugin/InternetRadio/TuneIn/Settings.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Slim/Plugin/InternetRadio/TuneIn/Settings.pm: Permission denied at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/InternetRadio/TuneIn.pm line 92.
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.6478] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (393) Warning: Couldn't call Slim::Plugin::RemoteLibrary::Plugin->initPlugin: Can't locate Slim/Plugin/RemoteLibrary/LMS.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Slim/Plugin/RemoteLibrary/LMS.pm: Permission denied at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/RemoteLibrary/Plugin.pm line 81.
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.6494] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (393) Warning: Couldn't call Slim::Plugin::RhapsodyDirect::Plugin->initPlugin: Can't locate Slim/Plugin/RhapsodyDirect/ProtocolHandler.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Slim/Plugin/RhapsodyDirect/ProtocolHandler.pm: Permission denied at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/RhapsodyDirect/Plugin.pm line 42.
    [19-01-20 23:21:47.7943] main::init (650) Warning: Can't locate Slim/Utils/Update.pm:   plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Slim/Utils/Update.pm: Permission denied at /usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 650.
    When i reboot the Raspberry:
    LMS log:
    Code:
    [19-01-20 23:26:14.2313] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1547616941, Wed Jan 16 06:52:26 CET 2019) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    [19-01-20 23:26:14.2947] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::extract (83) unable to install SuperDateTime - /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/DownloadedPlugins/SuperDateTime.zip does not exist
    [19-01-20 23:26:16.8326] Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::initPlugin (1952) Check your Weather.com Identifier. Your entry = 
    [19-01-20 23:26:16.8331] Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::initPlugin (1954) Defaulting identifier to Chicago: 60614:4:US
    hope it helps...
    Last edited by Baxxy; 2019-01-21 at 00:30.

As it seems no one can help me with my problem i started investigating a little bit and found in this thread https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-restart/page2 the commands to start and stop LMS on the command line.
    When i log in pCP via ssh as the standard user "tc" and use: sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/slimserver start, LMS starts normally without any errors in the logfile.

Now the question is, why can i start LMS from the command line without any errors and the Start-Button on pCP's LMS page can't start LSM and gives errors?
    Uses the Start-Button not the same commands or is it something with the rights?

I hope someone can figure it out.
    Thanks

Where is your cache being stored. It looks like a file system issue.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Where is your cache being stored. It looks like a file system issue.
    My cache is on the standard location: pCP Boot Disk /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver There is a Cache folder found on this drive
    I've tried also my external mounted ssd: USB Disk /mnt/1TBSSD/slimserver
    mounted as /mnt/1TBSSD /dev/sda1 1TB_MP3_SSD ntfs CED2FF8FD2FF7A53 931GB
    but there is no difference.

I just started with a fresh install, and it works just fine. I also confirmed that when you add SDT, the LMS interface prompts you for a reboot......no need to use the pCP web interface. But in any event it works fine too.

What else have you done to your system? Are you manually running commands from an ssh session?

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    What else have you done to your system? Are you manually running commands from an ssh session?
    Hello paul, you lend me in the right way. I've setted up a new fresh pCP and checked every step i make. And finally i found my problem.
    After i had mounted my external SSD i always pressed the button "Set Write Permissions" on the pCP LMS page. Because i thought it is
    needed for pCP to store my LMS cache and data on the external disk. It seems it is not needed and if i left my fingers far away from this button
    everything works fine.

Thanks paul, Problem solved.

Now i'm going over to https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...witcher-Applet

How to "seed" data for SuperDateTime screen saver?

I'm setting-up a V4.1.0 piCorePlayer system with the SuperDateTime screensaver V5.10.29. I'm having a problem with getting the SDT screen saver to display weather data after reboots. Nothing is shown until I run the SuperDateTime app and click on Current Conditions a couple of times. After that the SDT screen saver works just fine.

Is there a way to "seed" the weather data after a reboot so that the screen saver just works?

Frank