Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I think I have cracked it.

I found castalla's post where he did

I have

Code:
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # Use 'blkid -o value -s UUID' to print the universally unique identifier
    # for a device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name
    # devices that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
    #
    # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    proc     /proc                proc    nodev,noexec,nosuid   0    0
    tmpfs    /tmp                 tmpfs   noatime,size=192M     0    0
    #tmpfs    /var/log             tmpfs   noatime,size=16M      0    0

UUID=0ece7b10-742d-11ea-825f-a7606a76fcf5   /       ext2    errors=remount-ro,n$
    LABEL=BOOTFCF5   /boot   vfat    defaults                          0    0
    which I commented out.

It took a couple of reboots but seems to be working.

I had tried all the debs and the i386 and could not get any of them to persist at reboot.

I'll be able to use my Cisco joggler with jivelite

ronnie
    Ronnie!

I could never get this to work with the Cisco - the wifi fails totally
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Ronnie!

I could never get this to work with the Cisco - the wifi fails totally

Hey Brian

Earlier this afternoon I did

Code:
    of-netplan
    as root on Kernel 5.4 which already had Jivelite installed

I powered of , pulled the Ethernet and it cam back up on wireless. But I could still not get LMS to persist.

I re-imaged the usb stick with kernel 3.16 and tried just installing LMS with the same result.

I then decided to trawl back through the thread and found your post.

It seems to work

I have done the

Code:
    of-netplan
    on this version and it does not work, I get an IP address but connection is refused.

I'll try tomorrow and see if I can get kernel 5.4 to work again.

I'll also look once more at the new Buster download that roobarb! has posted, though that is a real pita

stay safe both of you

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Thanks for the kind thoughts.
    Well, Spain haqs suffered for years from Austerity cuts ... the present govt. is having to try to make up for the mistakes of the past.
    I only have linux - so it's a bit more complicated!
    WRT USB backup on linux: I just stumbled over this on a thread:

"dd it! Usage would be something like
    Code:
    sudo dd if=/dev/sdb of=~/USB_image
    where /dev/sdb is your usb drive as listed by
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    and ~/USB_image is the image file where the copy will be made (a path where the image file will be created).

To restore the image to another USB drive just invert the process:
    Code:
    sudo dd if=~/USB_image of=/dev/sdb
    will restore ~/USB_image to the device sdb.
    Just make sure that the new USB drive is as big or bigger than the original one.

You can also mount the image file you just created into a path without need to restore it first to another USB drive with
    Code:
    mount ~/USB_image /mnt/USB_image -o loop
    Maybe this helps. Good luck!

Edit: ...or maybe, this does only deal with one of the 2 partitions? I don't know....
    Last edited by slimhase; 2020-04-02 at 03:31.
    LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (running Chills Jivelite on Joggler)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    WRT USB backup on linux: I just stumbled over this on a thread:

"dd it! Usage would be something like
    Code:
    sudo dd if=/dev/sdb of=~/USB_image
    where /dev/sdb is your usb drive as listed by
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    and ~/USB_image is the image file where the copy will be made (a path where the image file will be created).

To restore the image to another USB drive just invert the process:
    Code:
    sudo dd if=~/USB_image of=/dev/sdb
    will restore ~/USB_image to the device sdb.
    Just make sure that the new USB drive is as big or bigger than the original one.

You can also mount the image file you just created into a path without need to restore it first to another USB drive with
    Code:
    mount ~/USB_image /mnt/USB_image -o loop
    Maybe this helps. Good luck!

Edit: ...or maybe, this does only deal with one of the 2 partitions? I don't know....
    I've tried it before with varying success ... so, I have used ddrescue - which seems to work

https://www.technibble.com/guide-usi...-recover-data/
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post

I'll try tomorrow and see if I can get kernel 5.4 to work again.

I'll also look once more at the new Buster download that roobarb! has posted, though that is a real pita
    I have spent most of thad on this and only seem to have confused myself ! (situation normal )

Try as i might I can't get a wireless connection into the Cisco joggler.

I had one working yesterday into kernel 5.4, this morning I did not think to backup that image and guess waht the fresh download now seems to block any attempt at a ssh connection.

With regard to LMS, I think it's best to do castalla's hack before the install.

I've not bothered with Jivelite yet as I know that doesn't present too much of a hastle (just time).

I'm packing in for the day now, I might have a hack tomorrow at the Buster image (or maybe not )

ronnie

Custom messages or menu items

Hi,

would it be hard to edit the various menu entries in the Jivelite on a Joggler, or a description/comment text in the quit menu, for example?

I find myself sometimes forgetting to turn off the amp, after listening to music, so I hope custom text about that would help me remember each time I turn off the Joggler. It would be great if we could edit the text of the menu entries in the quit menu to display something different, instead of "shutdown joggler", or " don't forget to plug it off the wall outlet"

Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    Hi,

would it be hard to edit the various menu entries in the Jivelite on a Joggler, or a description/comment text in the quit menu, for example?

I find myself sometimes forgetting to turn off the amp, after listening to music, so I hope custom text about that would help me remember each time I turn off the Joggler. It would be great if we could edit the text of the menu entries in the quit menu to display something different, instead of "shutdown joggler", or " don't forget to plug it off the wall outlet"
    Have a look at /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/JogglerPower/strings.txt. That's the file that's used localise those messages for different languages, and you can change those strings to whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Have a look at /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/JogglerPower/strings.txt. That's the file that's used localise those messages for different languages, and you can change those strings to whatever you want.
    That worked, thanks alot!
    Hopefully, you have contributed to lower energy consumption and greener earth.