Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post

So, and it's a big ask I know, would it be possible to provide JfJ with the later bionic kernel or using the development version?
    That's a bit unlikely in the immediate future I'm afraid. I'll see if it's simply a matter of copying some files over from the earlier images, but if it's going to need any recompilation then I'd need to find a chunk of time to re-learn what I did before!

But I agree that using roobarb's latest images as the starting point would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    That's a bit unlikely in the immediate future I'm afraid. I'll see if it's simply a matter of copying some files over from the earlier images, but if it's going to need any recompilation then I'd need to find a chunk of time to re-learn what I did before!

But I agree that using roobarb's latest images as the starting point would be a good thing.
    Thanks - no rush

I even forget what I did 30 sec ago, so bookmarks is full of possible hint/tip pages!
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = Still ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More scratching ...

The OP2 seems to use the brcmsmc wifi drivers for sqpOS - wifi setup works

When JfJ is used on the OP2 then the rt2800usb drivers are used - impossible to set wifi settings

I tried to find a way to load the brcmsmc modules in JfJ but was just stabbing in the dark..

Maybe a patch file (?) could solve the problem without the need for a a separate distro?

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update to LMS install
    -----------------------------

I noticed after sometime that the usual method of mounting a NAS share by adding to the fstab file doesn't actually work. If you use mount -a at the command line then the mount works. I can't find any workaround within fstab itself to fix this.

After a lot of trial and error, I finally hit on a 'solution'

Creat an executable script file with the mount command in it. Use cron to run the script at boot. It works.

Joggler LMS back up and running !

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Nearly there I think.

I have an 'LMS' applet that sits under the 'settings' section:

It currently allows the LMS service to be disabled or enabled (referred to as 'Autostart LMS'), and it allows the service to be started/stopped/restarted.

There's currently no checking, or warning, if you try to stop/start/restart the service if it wasn't loaded at boot, and I'd also like to add some visual feedback to show whether LMS is running. But it's getting close.
    Any progress on this? Would be very useful!

regards

It might be time for me to also try this route:

My Joggler running SPOS from roobard for years; it is my kichten player, my LMS8 host, my AP in the 1st floor. CPU seems to be still powerfull enough for my use case.

However, it starts to show that the OS is outdated - latest example here:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post968896

-> I read most of this thread, but there was so much development that I am not sure what is the lasted / best path to go for the installation (including LMS).

Could someone point me to the most relevant posts or give a brief summary / step by step?
    LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (running Chills Jivelite on Joggler)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    It might be time for me to also try this route:
    -> I read most of this thread, but there was so much development that I am not sure what is the lasted / best path to go for the installation (including LMS).
    Could someone point me to the most relevant posts or give a brief summary / step by step?
    I am getting there...
    I used the alpha04_USB image and added the phone-fix: in /etc/modprobe.d: File of1-stac9202.conf - add
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 bdl_pos_adj=64 patch=of1-stac9202.patch

Next: Expand drive and install LMS.

Great work - thanks chill & castalla!

P.S.I forgot which folders to save / migrate to have all plugins and their seetings(!) transfereed from the old system. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    I am getting there...
    I used the alpha04_USB image and added the phone-fix: in /etc/modprobe.d: File of1-stac9202.conf - add
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 bdl_pos_adj=64 patch=of1-stac9202.patch

Next: Expand drive and install LMS.

Great work - thanks chill & castalla!

P.S.I forgot which folders to save / migrate to have all plugins and their seetings(!) transfereed from the old system. Any ideas?
    Its awfully quiet in this thread. Hope evrerybody is well...

So, I got chills image rinning, but from there, it gets bumpy:
    Even before installing LMS, I did apt get update & upgrade, which failed with
    FATAL -> Failed to fork.
    Googling shows that that points to running out of memory....

So I installed a swap space (on the USB stick, which is probably not a great idea....),
    (following these instructions: https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-add...-ubuntu-18-04/)

On a positive note: when I install sudo apt install -y cifs-utils, I can get my NAS mounted via /etc/fstab
    (add //192.168.xxx.xxx/station /mnt/diskstation cifs password=yourpassword,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=077 7,dir_mode=0777,rw,mand 0 0)

What are your impressions wrt marginal memory etc.? Is your system running stable? (Also with LMS on it?)

Last week I had a play with this (using a 16gb usb stick)

https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/vi...php?f=2&t=5038

I gave up, as it was not simple enough for this bear of little brain.

I returned to

https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/vi...php?f=2&t=4519

The Kernel 3.16 version did not want to co-oporate and so I switched to Kernel 5.4

I have installed a working version of Jivelite which starts on boot and controls my players.

Kernel 5.4 uses perl 5.26.1

I have installed LMS v7.9.3 on the Joggler, accessed it from my Desktop, configured it, used it for playback but when I reboot the Joggler it all dies and is unreachable.

I might try the no CPAN version and follow the instructions on Roland0's thread, but I'm honestly loosing interest.

Maybe just as a Jivelite screen it's worthwhile, but the time involved is not trivial.

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Last week I had a play with this (using a 16gb usb stick)

https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/vi...php?f=2&t=5038

I gave up, as it was not simple enough for this bear of little brain.

I returned to

https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/vi...php?f=2&t=4519

The Kernel 3.16 version did not want to co-oporate and so I switched to Kernel 5.4

I have installed a working version of Jivelite which starts on boot and controls my players.

Kernel 5.4 uses perl 5.26.1

I have installed LMS v7.9.3 on the Joggler, accessed it from my Desktop, configured it, used it for playback but when I reboot the Joggler it all dies and is unreachable.

I might try the no CPAN version and follow the instructions on Roland0's thread, but I'm honestly loosing interest.

Maybe just as a Jivelite screen it's worthwhile, but the time involved is not trivial.

ronnie
    You might want to try chills setupfrom this thread. Since I added swap, my system is running stable for me.
    He prepared a img, which only needs addition of LMS and runs otherwise out of the box.