Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    I've uploaded my PlayerPower applet to www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha03/applets/, together with updates to JogglerSkin and PiGridSkin to make the icons work. I've also updated the SelectPlayer applet to use the group player icon instead of the squeezeplay icon for group players.

These can be applied to my alpha03 image. Note that only the PlayerPower folder is a complete applet. The other three folders contain only the changed files for the respective applets, so just upload all four folders to /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets and let them overwrite what's already in those folders. Alternatively, and perhaps more simply, go up to the parent directory, www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha03/, download the applets folder, and upload that to /opt/jivelite/share/jive/ on the joggler.

I'll include these changes in a couple of alpha04 images over the weekend.

I've uploaded a couple of alpha04 images to www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha04/ - one for internal and one for USB. They include the updates to the skins to make the group player icon available, and my Player Power applet.

An idea just struck ... and you might not like it ...
    An alternative approach might have been to put an option in SqueezeLite to not declare itself as a player to LMS.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    An idea just struck ... and you might not like it ...
    An alternative approach might have been to put an option in SqueezeLite to not declare itself as a player to LMS.
    Messing with the Squeezelite code is definitely something I don't want to tackle

But can you expand on what that would do? Do you mean as an alternative to stopping and starting the Squeezelite process (which is what my Squeezelite applet does when the 'enabled/disabled' option is toggled)?

For clarity, the Player Power applet is just a place to control the (soft) power state of all players on the network (including the local instance of Squeezelite if it's running).

(old photo - the current version lists the players in alphabetical order)

I meant for your original requirement to have a control interface but not have it appear as a player to LMS.
    A new option in the menu system of Squeezelite to stop advertising itself as a player to LMS might have been enough - although probably not as satisfying as achieving what you have done.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Ah, got it. Yes, if there'd been a way to achieve this with the Squeezeplay build I could have saved myself a lot. But Squeezeplay doesn't use a separate instance of Squeezelite - I believe the player is an integral part. I had it on good authority that building Jivelite would be quicker than trying to hide the player part of Squeezeplay. If I'd had the sense to stop after getting Jivelite to run that might even have been true! But it's been fun to dip my toes into the world of Linux/Bash/Jive/Lua.