Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Well I rebooted the joggler, again, sigh, and used the built in Florence Virtual Keyboard to

Code:
    sudo /home/joggler/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    and the "proper" touch screen is now available but without the bottom bar of buttons.

The problem is to get it to auto-start in full screen mode.

hagensieker uses

Code:
    /usr/bin/startlxde-pi
    and redirects the script from there.

So I'll try and find the equivalent file in "Squeezeplay OS for joggler" and see if I can utilise the same path (I guess ).

This OS has
    /usr/bin/startx and startxfce4
    so I'll look first there.................tomorrow

You've evidently started from the Squeezeplay OS, whereas I've been using the ext4 Base/Server image from here, so everything has been command line only. But of course, since this whole Jivelite install procedure is all command lines, that makes little difference.

I started again (from Ubuntu again - I think TinyCore might be running before I can walk, due to its extra need to backup any configuration changes). I simply entered all the commands from Ronnie's earlier post, and it worked a treat, to give me the more up-to-date display. No need to import the PCP_ wallpapers this time.

The touch screen calibration is still wildly out, so I'll have to investigate what the options are for calibrating it. If anyone knows the correct approach, please speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    The touch screen calibration is still wildly out, so I'll have to investigate what the options are for calibrating it. If anyone knows the correct approach, please speak up.
    I installed an Xserver, and the screen calibration seemed perfectly accurate. So I assume there are some calibration parameters somewhere that need to be imported into/used by Jivelite. Anyone know how/where to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    ... some calibration parameters somewhere that need to be imported into/used by Jivelite. Anyone know how/where to do this?
    I seem to recall this has been covered in one of the past Jivelite threads, have you already searched the forum?
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    I seem to recall this has been covered in one of the past Jivelite threads, have you already searched the forum?
    I did find some discussion about pCP screen calibration (different OS, difference hardware), and I think I might find enough to get me going if I study that discussion in more detail. But I'm nothing if not an optimist - I was hoping there might be a shortcut around all that Googling, maybe a few simple steps documented somewhere.

Slow progress with the screen calibration. I managed to get tslib compiled and installed (following these instructions), and I've managed to run ts_calibrate to produce a pointercal file.

I've then set all the environment variables that I believe are needed:
    TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
    TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event2 (event number determined from cat /proc/bus/input/devices)
    TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal
    TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
    TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/local/lib/ts
    JIVE_NOCURSOR=1
    SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB
    SDL_MOUSEDEV=$TSLIB_TSDEVICE

ts_test seems to work nicely with the calibration values in pointercal.

I've then run jivelite with the 'sudo -E' option to make sure it uses the environment variables, but it doesn't seem to be making use of the calibration file. Is it expecting to find pointercal in a different place from what is specified by TSLIB_CALIBFILE? I've also tried it in /usr/local/etc

Any hints will be gratefully received!

I took a different approach. If I run jivelite under X, then the touchscreen works perfectly. This works even without all those environment variables, so I guess I didn't need all that tslib stuff.

The steps were:
    1) Install X
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install xorg
    2) Run Jivelite under X
    Code:
    $ sudo xinit /home/joggler/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    I should probably try to do an X-specific calibration (xinput_calibrator?), but even without that the calibration is very good.
    JIVE_NOCURSOR=1 seems to make no difference though - I get a cursor for 10-15 seconds at startup, and whenever I touch the screen, but then it disappears. Is that X doing that?

Baby steps.

.... and adding the Jivelite start command to /etc/rc.conf makes it start automatically at boot.

I haven't tackled the command line setup of wifi under this Ubuntu installation yet, and of course it's all running from a USB stick. So my targets now are to get the wifi working, then try all this again with a TinyCore base image running from flash memory (so will have to get my head around writing updated files back to permanent storage, as well as any differences in the steps that worked for Ubuntu), and then maybe see if I can make an image from that installation.

I had a bit of a play yesterday.

Used the full gui version to start with.

I placed a jivelite.desktop file in
    .conf/autostart

On reboot jivelite started, still in its slightly reduced size (no bottom button bar visible).

It did not respond to the touch on the screen.

I had a quick go with the server version but got no further than mouse control.

I tried to start with a [.sh] script in home, called from an [init.d] script but could not get that to work.

I'm strictly a cut and paste linuxer!!

I have posted a thread on the O2Joggler forum (no replies yet, sigh!)

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I'm strictly a cut and paste linuxer!!
    Haha - me too!

So you've got it running on the ext4 base/server image? I think the next couple of steps to get it working with the touchscreen and autostarting are those that I mentioned above:

Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install xorg
    Then add this to /etc/rc.conf
    Code:
    $ sudo xinit /home/joggler/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    There's a calibration tool for X:
    Code:
    sudo xinit xinput_calibrator