Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Is it using systemd to start it?
    As in ôsystemctl startö

If it is the you can leave it all set-up and then
    systemctl enable <servicename>
    To enable it to start on boot
    and
    systemctl disable <servicename>
    To stop it starting on boot
    Oh good grief - that's much simpler. Thank you Paul for pointing this noob to the correct way to do this! Works a treat.

So now my applet will only need to run a few simple commands. Disabling it will leave it there ready to be re-enabled by the applet.

Nearly there I think.

I have an 'LMS' applet that sits under the 'settings' section:

It currently allows the LMS service to be disabled or enabled (referred to as 'Autostart LMS'), and it allows the service to be started/stopped/restarted.

There's currently no checking, or warning, if you try to stop/start/restart the service if it wasn't loaded at boot, and I'd also like to add some visual feedback to show whether LMS is running. But it's getting close.

A little off current development. I'd like to have a custom wallpaper (plain dark red) - how to achieve that?
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    A little off current development. I'd like to have a custom wallpaper (plain dark red) - how to achieve that?
    Make a PNG image that's 800x480, give it a name with the prefix 'pcp_', e.g. 'pcp_DarkRed.png', then copy it to /root/.jivelite/userpath/wallpapers.

Thanks.

Another thought: how about an applet which could switch the line-out between the 3 options in alsamixer?

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

Another thought: how about an applet which could switch the line-out between the 3 options in alsamixer?
    That seems possible. The command line version is:
    Code:
    amixer sset 'Auto-Mute Mode' 'Line Out+Speaker' (or 'Speaker Only' or 'Disabled')

Thanks.

Try this draft version. Download the attached zip, unzip it and put the resulting folder in /root/.jivelite/userpath/applets, then restart Jivelite. The applet should then appear under 'Settings'.

JogglerAudio.zip

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Try this draft version. Download the attached zip, unzip it and put the resulting folder in /root/.jivelite/userpath/applets, then restart Jivelite. The applet should then appear under 'Settings'.

JogglerAudio.zip
    Thanks - seems to work!

Thanks - seems to work!
    Ok, good. I need to update it to read the current mode at start-up, so that the correct option is selected when the applet first loads.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Ok, good. I need to update it to read the current mode at start-up, so that the correct option is selected when the applet first loads.
    It currently shows the line-ou+speaker on start-up