Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    It currently shows the line-ou+speaker on start-up
    Yeah, that's not right. The Joggler retains the last used setting across a reboot, and the applet should show whatever the current setting is.

The version in the attached zip does this properly now. Whenever the the screen with the three options is shown the applet reads the current setting and sets the corresponding radio button.

I'm reasonably happy that it's now doing what's intended - the chosen option is reflected in what alsamixer shows. But I'm not seeing any difference between the 'Speaker Only' and 'Line Out+Speaker' options. Both options seem to play through the built-in speaker until a 3.5mm jack is inserted, at which point the built-in speaker mutes and the sound switches to the speaker attached to the 3.5mm jack. The 'Disabled' option allows the built-in and external speakers to play together.

JogglerAudio.zip

(to update, replace the folder you created for the previous version with the folder in this new zip)

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Yeah, that's not right. The Joggler retains the last used setting across a reboot, and the applet should show whatever the current setting is.

The version in the attached zip does this properly now. Whenever the the screen with the three options is shown the applet reads the current setting and sets the corresponding radio button.

I'm reasonably happy that it's now doing what's intended - the chosen option is reflected in what alsamixer shows. But I'm not seeing any difference between the 'Speaker Only' and 'Line Out+Speaker' options. Both options seem to play through the built-in speaker until a 3.5mm jack is inserted, at which point the built-in speaker mutes and the sound switches to the speaker attached to the 3.5mm jack. The 'Disabled' option allows the built-in and external speakers to play together.

JogglerAudio.zip

(to update, replace the folder you created for the previous version with the folder in this new zip)
    Okay - will do.

I'm really chuffed with this setup - it's really brought the Joggler back to life (in fact it's now my main LMS deviice).

(One gotcha I hit was on the Quit screen - hit the terminal option by mistake when I wanted to reboot ... grrr)
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just tried this image on an Openframe 2 ...

It boots and works using ethernet.

But, as Roobarb says:

If you're using an OpenFrame 2 the wireless connection does work... sort of. Performance is absolutely terrible and I've not been able to do anything about it. Maybe it's my OF2 which is at fault, but feedback would be appreciated. We're using the brcmsmac driver; the b43 was worse and broke Bluetooth for me. The broadcom-wl driver might do the trick, but there are licensing issues, so I can't distribute it. Good luck!

In fact, wifi doesn't work at all ... can get to settings and enter the SSID/Passphrase. On reboot, the settings are recalled but no wifi address has been assigned.

I googled for info on the wl driver, but it made little sense, I'm afraid.

Any ideas?

(sqpOS 3 works on the Openframe 2 - maybe Jivelite is a step too far ,,,)

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?
    Nope. Is Roobarb's comment related to the Bionic images that I started from, or the newer image that he's made? I don't have an OF2, and wouldn't know how to go about trying the broadcom-wl driver I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Nope. Is Roobarb's comment related to the Bionic images that I started from, or the newer image that he's made? I don't have an OF2, and wouldn't know how to go about trying the broadcom-wl driver I'm afraid.
    It relates to https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/vi...php?f=2&t=4519

I read through the whole thread but didn't glean anything

So I'll just use sqpOS then.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

It relates to https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/vi...php?f=2&t=4519

I read through the whole thread but didn't glean anything

So I'll just use sqpOS then.
    The Openpeak 2 version is running sqpOS okay ... but I keep scratching the itch to get JfJ working!

It sort of works with ethernet, although the first step (Language choice) seems to lock up. Pulling the plug and and restart gets the first initial menu. Tried settings to get wifi working - no luck at all! I pretty much gave up at this point. Started looking for alternative wifi drivers - no luck with realtek, but this did lead me to something relating to Mediatek as an alternative. I'm afarid much was beyond me, so I didn't get far.

Seems strange theres such a difference between the O2 and the OP2.

If anybody wants to investigate here's the Mediatek link:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1096...n-ubuntu-18-04

The JogglerWiki forum seems almost moribund, so I haven't any details about this from there.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

Still itching ....

Seems the OP 2 uses different wifi drivers than the Joggler.

I've got Roobarb's bionic 5.4 working with wifi.

It seems the wifi drivers are only available with kernels after 4.

So, and it's a big ask I know, would it be possible to provide JfJ with the later bionic kernel or using the development version?

I've spent hours googling and lsusb'ing, etc. but just going round in circles!

(Some jogglers came up this week on ebay!)

cheers

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

Maybe give roobarb a poke ?

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Maybe give roobarb a poke ?
    He's gone very quiet again ....

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

Hmm - installed (after much huffs & puffs) UKAA to attempt a kernel update .... each attempt failed to install a later kernel with various errors. GGGrrrrrrr!

The updated OP2 wifi drivers are only avalable from kernel 4.19 onwards, I believe.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity