Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pppaul View Post
    Yes. Usually my music lib folder is /mnt/music. Those non-latin folders I used when trying to figure out problem. There are many non-latin file names in my folders. And part of them are pass Audio Scan normally. But paticular files freeze it.
    If it doesn't happen with all your files, maybe some of the files are weird in some fashion. You could try to find the culprit(s) by changing the music library to one album at a time and then compare a working album with a non-working album.

As for the different display of the same folder for music library and playlists, that's something probably only Michael can answer.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    If it doesn't happen with all your files, maybe some of the files are weird in some fashion. You could try to find the culprit(s) by changing the music library to one album at a time and then compare a working album with a non-working album.

As for the different display of the same folder for music library and playlists, that's something probably only Michael can answer.
    As for "weird" files - I think it's probably possible to cut number of files from Library that should force Audio Scan to work correct. I'll try to do that. However, I exactly know that it isn't one or two files. Now looking at displaying of same folders and looking into displaying of filenames in scanner log I concluded that it is common problem with decoding of filenames that cause scanner to uncaught error and freeze.

The situation with Audio Scan is incredible for me. I don't understand even how it can reach such unexpected behavior.

During several days, I made about hundred of scans trying to find bad files, which lead scanner to freeze. There are nothing information in scanner log file. That is why I should make more attempts trying to find bad files. And result is unexpected. First of all I figured out that parameter SLIMOPTIONS="--charset=utf8" is useless in my situation because it is set by default. Adding this parameter was double in my situation of RPi3 Raspberian and LMS 7.9.2 clear install.

I found not a file but a path that cause Audio Scan to freeze. Here it is:
    Code:
    /mnt/music/_Детские/Аудиокниги/Роулинг Джоан Кэтлин - Гарри Поттер [Александр Клюквин]/Книга 6 - Гарри Поттер и Принц-полукровка/CD2
    It is important that there is at the final folder were another folder. For example
    Code:
    /mnt/music/_Детские/Аудиокниги/Роулинг Джоан Кэтлин - Гарри Поттер [Александр Клюквин]/Книга 6 - Гарри Поттер и Принц-полукровка/CD1
    Only in this case if I put into second folder (in my case CD2, but name doesn't matter) any mp3 file, scanner freezes. I checked this 'any' file. It is correct. If I put it into another path scanner work properly.

It's fantastic! Which algorithm of audio scan could lead to such behavior?

P.S. I should mention that there are two more paths in my library which force scanner to the same behavior.
    Last edited by pppaul; 2019-01-23 at 01:29.

Trying to access 'problem' folder via Music Folder also freezes LMS. This process freezez with 100% proccessor perfomance:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir /var/lib/squeeseboxserver/cache --charset=utf8
    Maybe problem not in Audio Scan module but in Squeezeboxserver itself?

Could it be a bad block or sector on the harddrive?

25 years ago I had a bad harddrive (120 MB Seagate - it was plenty big) and I was able to "partition" around it, only removing one MB. The harddrive continued for many years after. I don't suggest you partition today, not necessary, but if the harddisk runs a self-check (in e.g. Synology NAS you can do a SMART scan, choose the thorough one), internal logic in the harddrive will normally automatically mark off bad sectors.

/Claus
    Last edited by cfuttrup; 2019-01-23 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    Could it be a bad block or sector on the harddrive?/Claus
    No, I don't think so. I have two copies of LMS. One of them installed on Windows based NAS and other on RPi 3. I tried to scan Music Library on both copies of LMS. On NAS it passed, on RPi it freezes at the nearly same time.
    Other thing that I thought about is problem with network access to files due to process of file migration between HDD in NAS. But then why does it concern only particular files? I noticed that conflict files have the same names. E.g. in folder CD1 - 0001.mp3, 0002.mp3 etc. And when appear folder CD2 with files of same name the problem occurs. Maybe this is the cause?
    Last edited by pppaul; 2019-01-30 at 04:01.

There were some problems with 8.3 filename support disabled. But I didn't follow these discussions, you'd have to search this forum.

This music / playlist folder display discrepancy may be something Michael would want to have a look at. It could be more than just a cosmetic problem.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    There were some problems with 8.3 filename support disabled. But I didn't follow these discussions, you'd have to search this forum.

This music / playlist folder display discrepancy may be something Michael would want to have a look at. It could be more than just a cosmetic problem.
    I have read the thread about 8.3 file names. It refers to local HDD and Windows 10. Not my case.
    I agree that problem exist. Now I stopped my research when made scan for music library without some 'bad' folders. Later I added them consistently to the root folder of music library, then moving them to its native path. Thus, I've get ability to access all library via Music Folder, but full library scan unavailable.

It is obviously, that only programmer can solve that.

libicu files

Hi,

do you also have this error in the server.log file

SQLite ICU collation en_US failed: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI
    Exception: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: ICU error: ucol_open():
    U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm
    line 126

If you have I think you are encountering the underlying error that causes the issue discussed in this thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...rtists-is-gone

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Johan S View Post
    Hi,

do you also have this error in the server.log file

SQLite ICU collation en_US failed: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI
    Exception: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: ICU error: ucol_open():
    U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm
    line 126

If you have I think you are encountering the underlying error that causes the issue discussed in this thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...rtists-is-gone

Johan
    Hi,

Thank you for attention to this problem.
    No, server log contains nothing:
    Code:
    [19-01-25 12:28:47.7695] main::main (205) Starting Logitech Media Server scanner (v7.9.2, 1548160716, Tue Jan 22 14:18:03 CET 2019) perl 5.024001
    [19-01-25 12:28:48.1854] Carp::Clan::__ANON__ (216) Warning: DBIx::Class::ResultSet::update_or_create(): Query returned more than one row.  SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and ->single at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 1875
    [19-01-25 12:28:48.1867] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [19-01-25 12:28:52.9633] Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (511) Starting Slim::Media::MediaFolderScan scan
    [19-01-25 12:28:52.9663] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (181) Discovering audio files in /mnt/music
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.6263] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (193) Start processing found tracks
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.6274] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (201) Connect do DB
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.6279] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (204) Get latest ID
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.6290] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (226) Delete temporary table if exists
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.6296] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (229) Re-build temporary table
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.8173] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (278) Get deleted tracks count
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.8180] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (285) Get new tracks count
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.8211] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (290) Get changed tracks count
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.8219] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (296) Removing deleted audio files (0)
    [19-01-25 12:29:08.8224] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (374) Scanning new audio files (8935)
    [19-01-25 13:22:22.3967] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::updateProgress (446) Warning: Server aborted scan, shutting down
    If I need to enable any log mode for server.log?