Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Hi,

    Ok then it is probably something else. The ICU (international components for unicode) are quite important for unicode conversions.

    Regards.

  2. #22
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,536

    Issue with internationalcharacters in filenames

    > This music / playlist folder display discrepancy may be something
    > Michael would want to have a look at. It could be more than just a
    > cosmetic problem.


    New builds are in the pipeline - please give them a try. Thanks!

    --

    Michael

  3. #23
    Senior Member dolodobendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > This music / playlist folder display discrepancy may be something
    > Michael would want to have a look at. It could be more than just a
    > cosmetic problem.


    New builds are in the pipeline - please give them a try. Thanks!

    --

    Michael
    Name:  lms_blablabla2.png
Views: 121
Size:  8.1 KB

    server.prefs:

    Code:
    maxWMArate: 9999
    mediadirs:
    - /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/_Блаблабла
    noGenreFilter: 0
    noRoleFilter: 0
    noupnp: 1
    password: ''
    persistPlaylists: 1
    playlistdir: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/_Блаблабла
    playtrackalbum: 1
    It's still happening with 7.9.2-1549276109. And there's a newer build already. Just a sec.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

  4. #24
    Senior Member dolodobendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Posts
    1,357
    That did the trick, thank you. I'll stick to old names, though.

    Name:  lms_blablabla3.png
Views: 120
Size:  8.1 KB
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > This music / playlist folder display discrepancy may be something
    > Michael would want to have a look at. It could be more than just a
    > cosmetic problem.


    New builds are in the pipeline - please give them a try. Thanks!

    --

    Michael
    Hi Michael,

    Glad to see you here!
    I installed Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1549383488 @ Tue Feb 5 17:47:48 CET 2019. The folder names in Web UI are Ok.
    Unfortunately scanner for me doesn't work. The same behavior as I wrote above.
    Progress is that now I see a scanner process with 100% processor load and may kill it. In former LMS versions the whole LMS was frozen.

  6. #26
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,536

    Issue with internationalcharacters in filenames

    > Unfortunately scanner for me doesn't work. The same behavior as I wrote
    > above.


    The problem here is that the issue could be on several components: the
    Samba configuration on the NAS, the locale settings on the NAS, the
    configuration of the mount point, the mount parameters on the LMS side,
    LMS itself... There are just too many variables... would it work if the
    files were local on the LMS machine? In that case it would be somewhere
    in the protocol or NAS configuration.

    --

    Michael

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Unfortunately scanner for me doesn't work. The same behavior as I wrote
    > above.


    The problem here is that the issue could be on several components: the
    Samba configuration on the NAS, the locale settings on the NAS, the
    configuration of the mount point, the mount parameters on the LMS side,
    LMS itself... There are just too many variables... would it work if the
    files were local on the LMS machine? In that case it would be somewhere
    in the protocol or NAS configuration.

    --

    Michael
    I thought about other reasons of such behavior.
    the Samba configuration on the NAS - no other programms or services have problems while access to NAS;
    the locale settings on the NAS - they are Ok. I have another windows copy of LMS installed on NAS. Scanner there works perfectly.
    the configuration of the mount point - what there could be wrong? All files are accessible from other audio players on RPi. Here is the mounting string:
    Code:
    //192.168.1.2/music /mnt/music cifs username=xxxxx,password=xxxxx,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,vers=1.0 0 0
    the mount parameters on the LMS side - what is it? option '--charset=utf8' is set.
    LMS itself - here I am powerless.

    As I have mentioned earliar, the problem occurs when scanner meets two paths, written in non-latin characters with equal filenames:
    /mnt/music/_Детские/Аудиокниги/Роулинг Джоан Кэтлин - Гарри Поттер [Александр Клюквин]/Книга 6 - Гарри Поттер и Принц-полукровка/CD1/0001.mp3
    /mnt/music/_Детские/Аудиокниги/Роулинг Джоан Кэтлин - Гарри Поттер [Александр Клюквин]/Книга 6 - Гарри Поттер и Принц-полукровка/CD2/0001.mp3

    Each single path doesn't lead to the problem.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •