Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks to all for taking the time to respond. I spent hours going through websites of Roon ready network players and have changed my first post of this thread to reflect the findings. Perhaps there's some there that no one here was aware of, I know I had never heard of a couple of them. It's good to still have choices after all these years. The Squeezebox came way before it's time and casts a long shadow over everything that's followed. This is a little off topic but I look at the current options software wise and I'm not impressed. Roon especially disappoints me. There's no way I'm paying hundreds of dollars for LESS functionality than I have now. Rant over. I'll check out the Allo DigiOne articles that were posted. Thanks again to all for helping to make an informal list of 3rd party hardware replacements for the Squeezebox.

Can any users of the DigiOne from ALLO comment of the quality of the devices output vs. the Squeezebox Touch?

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Following your advice, and doing some more research, I bought an Allo DigiOne Signature Player with the iPower supply for the clean board. Pretty much started working right out of the box and it's playing now and sounding just fine. Way too soon to compare to the Squeezebox Touch it replaced. First impressions are that the sound is at least as clean as the Touch. I've been aware of the Raspberry Pi option for some years now, but most of my knowledge came from research a few years back when the Pi was in its infancy as a Squeezebox replacement and most of the available reviews were fairly negative because the hardware wasn't as refined as the current offerings are(EMF noise). While it's still not much to look at..lol, it'll do just fine as a competent network player that doesn't put its own footprint on the music. Probably the Darko video helped put me over the top. The Touch moved to my second setup. I bought it new eight or nine years ago and it's been a stalwart of my system all these years. Assuming the Pi is reliable, I'm so happy than I can continue to enjoy my music with iPeng as a result. Thanks again for helping me with this decision.

Name:  IMG_0106.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  239.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  195.4 KB