Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

[Announce] Spotty 2.7.x - Spotify Connect for your Squeezebox

New version Spotty v2.7.0 is on its way to you. New in this build:

• Improved metadata handling in Connect mode: UI updates metadata when track changes, not 10 seconds earlier
    • Allow deletion of search history entry (press "+" key on UI for single entries, or Settings/Advanced/Spotty to wipe all history)
    • Experimental(!) support for playlist folders (see note below)
    • Various bug fixes

Playlist folders: unfortunately Spotify decided not to support this in their API (https://github.com/spotify/web-api/i...ment-396925978). But I've found a workaround to get the hierarchy from a local Spotify installation (https://github.com/mikez/spotify-folders). This seems to be working right now. But it's kind of a hack, thus experimental.

In addition to its experimental nature, there's another important limitation: it only works automatically if you run LMS on the same computer as you run an official Spotify client application. As I understand that this is a massive limitation, I'm working on another workaround for this... Please let me know about your operating system, and skills to run scripts manually. It's not ready for prime time just yet... but I will post instructions as soon as I have a better picture of the needs and a more stable solution than I have right now.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Thanks Michael - using this app more than ever now.

On the update, I can see where you can delete the entire search history but don't see the "+" on the UI to be able to delete individual entries. Am I missing something?

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
    Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 6

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    New version Spotty v2.7.0 is on its way to you. New in this build:

• Improved metadata handling in Connect mode: UI updates metadata when track changes, not 10 seconds earlier
    • Allow deletion of search history entry (press "+" key on UI for single entries, or Settings/Advanced/Spotty to wipe all history)
    • Experimental(!) support for playlist folders (see note below)
    • Various bug fixes

Playlist folders: unfortunately Spotify decided not to support this in their API (https://github.com/spotify/web-api/i...ment-396925978). But I've found a workaround to get the hierarchy from a local Spotify installation (https://github.com/mikez/spotify-folders). This seems to be working right now. But it's kind of a hack, thus experimental.

In addition to its experimental nature, there's another important limitation: it only works automatically if you run LMS on the same computer as you run an official Spotify client application. As I understand that this is a massive limitation, I'm working on another workaround for this... Please let me know about your operating system, and skills to run scripts manually. It's not ready for prime time just yet... but I will post instructions as soon as I have a better picture of the needs and a more stable solution than I have right now.
    Hi Michael,
    I'm running Windows 10, Spotify offline storage is located at C:\Users\bart\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage. No issues at all regarding manually running scripts.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Quote Originally Posted by Linty View Post

On the update, I can see where you can delete the entire search history but don't see the "+" on the UI to be able to delete individual entries. Am I missing something?
    I was wondering the same too.

The only place I see this is on a player that runs jivelite (Touch, Radio, Squeezeplay, etc.).

Name:  searchdelete.jpg
Views: 2732
Size:  20.0 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I was wondering the same too.

The only place I see this is on a player that runs jivelite (Touch, Radio, Squeezeplay, etc.).

Name:  searchdelete.jpg
Views: 2732
Size:  20.0 KB
    Same here. I can delete search in Orange Squeeze but not from the WebUI using either default skin or Material skin.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Linty View Post

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
    Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 6
    How do you delete the entire search history? I couldn't see a way to delete anything in the WebUI.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How do you delete the entire search history? I couldn't see a way to delete anything in the WebUI.

LMS > Settings > Advanced > Spotty.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b6 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    LMS > Settings > Advanced > Spotty.
    OK I would never have thought of looking there.

[Announce] Spotty 2.7.x - SpotifyConnect for your Squeezebox

> The only place I see this is on a player that runs jivelite (Touch,
    > Radio, Squeezeplay, etc.).

It should be accessible in any UI supporting the "more" or "add"
    SlimBrowse action. SqueezePlay, JiveLite, iPeng, and as some report
    OrangeSqueeze seem to do so. The web UI does indeed not work. Haven't
    figured out how to easily do this...

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    Hi Michael,
    I'm running Windows 10, Spotify offline storage is located at C:\Users\bart\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage. No issues at all regarding manually running scripts.
    Ok, you'll probably be the first person to try this:

It's a console app. If you could run it from a command window, that would give you a chance to see the feedback :-).

That script should upload the information found from Spotify's cache to Spotty, which in turn would use it to put playlists in to the folder hierarchy. Good luck! And let me know about your experience.

If you were to have Cygwin with curl installed on your computer, you might download the much smaller http://www.herger.net/spotty/findSpo...erFiles.sh.zip file.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo