Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Run Picoreplayer on Orang pi

Hello guys.I want to know that is there anybody install Picoreplayer os on Orange pi PC model or Orange pi board with wifi and 3.5mm jack audio output?
    I mean installing and getting result on orange pi board. recently i have got excellent result from picoreplayer on raspberry pi 3 B+ and lms server side.
    but maybe there is Budget constraint and Orange pi is cheaper than raspberry pi3 B+.
    or introduce a cheaper board that you have got a good result. some orange pi boards or different boards.
    Thanks a lot.

hi nimaazx,

I doubt anyone has got piCorePlayer going on an Orange Pi.

You would be better off, loading squeezelite on a known Orangle Pi OS.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi nimaazx,

I doubt anyone has got piCorePlayer going on an Orange Pi.

You would be better off, loading squeezelite on a known Orangle Pi OS.

regards
    Greg
    ok thank you again.
    yeah you right. I thought about that.
    but i think squeezlight needs to be defined as a service in startup and i dont know about its integrity. because picoreplayer os for raspberry is so satable.
    I have never worked with Orange pi os. maybe there are more challenges we faced abot squeezelite.
    what you think about Raspberry pi zero w?
    I saw some links that people said we can run it but some could not. I have a pcm5102 dac module and probably it is used for that.
    do you think what board model or scenario is more stable and close to raspberry pi 3 b+ result ?

hi nimaazx,

I have 7 piCorePlayers running at the moment, all different models including a RPi0W. I always test at least the basic functions of pCP on the RPi0W. Of course I don't play more than one at a time, and the RPi0W is not my main player at the moment. I have to say I have not noticed any difference in reliability between the different RPi's. At the moment I am doing pCP development on an original RPi1B (256MB) !!

The issue is there are a million different combinations and we can't test everything. Users often come with a "unique setup" that may or may not work.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi nimaazx,

I have 7 piCorePlayers running at the moment, all different models including a RPi0W. I always test at least the basic functions of pCP on the RPi0W. Of course I don't play more than one at a time, and the RPi0W is not my main player at the moment. I have to say I have not noticed any difference in reliability between the different RPi's. At the moment I am doing pCP development on an original RPi1B (256MB) !!

The issue is there are a million different combinations and we can't test everything. Users often come with a "unique setup" that may or may not work.

regards
    Greg
    yes you right. there are a lot of modules and configs. even I don't know pcm5102 for jack 3.5mm output dac works with zero w or not.
    maybe I want to sync 8 9 RP zero W. and maybe it is going to be a industrial project.
    however can you give me a link for what instruction I should do to config that from zero. do you know that hardware diffrences between zero w and rp3 b+?
    does zero w have weakness or ram size limitation?
    As you know zero does not have ethernet. I read something about how It should be configured.
    do you know the link or a source that say that completly? how to config for zero w

thanks a lot.

To OP ... If you want to use a built-in 3.5mm jack audio as mentioned in your original post then the Zero is not for you as it does not have it (although you could fit one).
    The other models do have one - and there are models that are lower price than 3B+
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    To OP ... If you want to use a built-in 3.5mm jack audio as mentioned in your original post then the Zero is not for you as it does not have it (although you could fit one).
    The other models do have one - and there are models that are lower price than 3B+
    please tell me the models. some models can't be found in my country.
    as i see the model A has output jack 3.5mm
    but I need wifi too and if i get it , i have to buy wifi module for it. i guess it does not have wifi.
    for using zero w , i searched and i realized i have to use dac pcm5102 module from GPIO to get it.
    I'm worried about zero w hardware and diffrences between it and RP 3 B+.
    ram cpu maybe can't handle picoreplayer os.

All of the Pi models can run pCP, at least as a player.
    The 3A+ has WiFi and Bluetooth, a 3.5mm audio/video socket and a single USB port.
    It does not have built-in Ethernet.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

hi nimaazx,

Here is a picture of the RPi Models.

https://raspi.tv/2018/new-raspberry-...a-plus-zero-wh

I have an example of probably 10 of them. They all work. Setup is the same, except when using ethernet, wifi or USB ethernet.

PS: Anyone know a table showing features of each model?

regards
    Greg

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer