Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LMS doesn't crash, but squeezelite will as the output device does not exist.

pCP will automatically restart squeezelite once the bluetooth device re-connects.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    LMS doesn't crash, but squeezelite will as the output device does not exist.

pCP will automatically restart squeezelite once the bluetooth device re-connects.
    I don't know how to explain that.
    When the other clients synced with this pcp#1 ( pcp with audio output headphone bluetooth), when this pcp#1 bluetooth headphone disconnect,
    there is a problem and other pcp players audio disconnect or Logitech media server goes to be destroyed and seek bar of playing music time in logitech media server goes to forward and backward itself. even pause button do not work.

can you test it with many pcp clients?
    I use a lot of picoreplayers as a group. when one is gone , Cause disruption for others.
    maybe you know another server that do not have this problem in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by nimaazx View Post
    I don't know how to explain that.
    When the other clients synced with this pcp#1 ( pcp with audio output headphone bluetooth), when this pcp#1 bluetooth headphone disconnect,
    there is a problem and other pcp players audio disconnect or Logitech media server goes to be destroyed and seek bar of playing music time in logitech media server goes to forward and backward itself. even pause button do not work.

can you test it with many pcp clients?
    I use a lot of picoreplayers as a group. when one is gone , Cause disruption for others.
    maybe you know another server that do not have this problem in this situation.
    Syncing works best with similar hardware and connections. Syncing is problematic if one is bluetooth, due to the added delays in processing and transmission of BT. I have run 4 sync'd clients, with one being bluetooth before. I had to adjust audio delays in LMS for the bluetooth client to be in sync.

The RPi 0W when running bluetooth has alot of delay, due to the wifi and BT radio fighting for bandwidth on the same frequency.

Syncing works best with similar hardware and connections. Syncing is problematic if one is bluetooth, due to the added delays in processing and transmission of BT. I have run 4 sync'd clients, with one being bluetooth before. I had to adjust audio delays in LMS for the bluetooth client to be in sync.

The RPi 0W when running bluetooth has alot of delay, due to the wifi and BT radio fighting for bandwidth on the same frequency.
    thank you again.

can you tell me where the setting is for delay please?

actually I run lms with one pc as a client and one RPi 0w.
    I tested if 0w bluetooth headphone turned off for low battery or something else and if is back a few seconds later , it causes problem for pc client.
    I follow scenario that disconnecting one client has no effect to others. such as disconnecting headphones or powered off 0w.

about bandwith frequency there is no choise because 0w does not support 5ghz.
    and maybe I want to use 40 50 synced 0w in on group or 2 group of 25 clients. and don't know it works or not. forced to use 0w.
    and i'm worried about disconnecting a client and when it connects again , causes problem for others.

That likely will not work....

and maybe I want to use 40 50 synced 0w in on group or 2 group of 25 clients. and don't know it works or not. forced to use 0w.
    and i'm worried about disconnecting a client and when it connects again , causes problem for others.
    I suspect that for that number of players playing - whether in sync or not - you will struggle to have LMS provide the service.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

That likely will not work....
    this scenario with bluetooth headphones not work or not work with that number of clients even with dac pcm5102 3.5mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I suspect that for that number of players playing - whether in sync or not - you will struggle to have LMS provide the service.
    there are many users that listen to ielts listening test. not exactly synced but starting together and i should sync them.
    I use an strong Access point with high bandwidth.
    I test this scenario with 6 computers and one raspberry pi 3 b+ . it works.
    but when I use bluetooth headphones, and bluetooth headphones turned off it likes disturb my other clients and lms seek bar went forward and backward. pause button in lms is not worked.
    I don't know what reliable way I can use.

but when I use bluetooth headphones, and bluetooth headphones turned off it likes disturb my other clients and lms seek bar went forward and backward. pause button in lms is not worked.
    I don't know what reliable way I can use.
    ???

do you mean you are the User that has the starting player and all others are synced from your player?

Use the most reliable player and the one no one can get his poweruser hands on - as the master.
    Even a dummy squeezelite with no real output should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    ???

do you mean you are the User that has the starting player and all others are synced from your player?

Use the most reliable player and the one no one can get his poweruser hands on - as the master.
    Even a dummy squeezelite with no real output should do it.
    hey.
    there was a windows server and many zero w clients.
    I tested it once with a pc as server and client too. another client was zero w with bluetooth headphone.
    when bluetooth headphone was powered off , pc client squeezelite music stopped too.
    actually when bluetooth headphone is off , players name is disappear in lms.
    i tested it again yesterday with two zero w as client and one lms server.
    in my test never disturb each other.
    maybe two similar hardware and software in client side were effective.
    i dont know exaclty.
    you suggestion is good to try. but im sure disconnecting causes seekbar time of music in lms windows destroyed.
    I think about radio streaming system. like icecast and mixxx.
    i never tried it in raspberry.
    and have no info about light client side app or specific os for that.
    I just heard about mpd .
    as i mention working bluetooth headphone is important for me but if not work switch to dac pcm 5102.
    tnx.