Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SB Boom turns on at odd times with increasing volume

My son has a Boom that we have connected in our warehouse at work and when switched off it will come to life and increase the volume to level 10 (luckily the warehouse is empty).

My son has disassociated it from his account and the volume dropped to normal and we have associated it with my account to see if that makes any difference.

Any thoughts please? Thanks in advance - Terry

Quote Originally Posted by terryd View Post
    My son has a Boom that we have connected in our warehouse at work and when switched off it will come to life and increase the volume to level 10 (luckily the warehouse is empty).

My son has disassociated it from his account and the volume dropped to normal and we have associated it with my account to see if that makes any difference.

Any thoughts please? Thanks in advance - Terry
    Maybe someone logged onto the mysqueezebox.com account and controlled it remotely.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Maybe someone logged onto the mysqueezebox.com account and controlled it remotely.
    It is possible, but I think unlikely as this had been going on for a couple of months (before the mains power was removed).They would have to be fairly sad to keep an eye open for when it came back on line. Sad, but it is not impossible!

SB Boom turns on at odd times withincreasing volume

> It is possible, but I think unlikely as this had been going on for a
    > couple of months (before the mains power was removed).They would have to
    > be fairly sad to keep an eye open for when it came back on line. Sad,
    > but it is not impossible!

Such things are often automated. See the following thread for some
    impressions about what is being done every day:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...o-the-internet!

--

Michael

Same thing happens here

I've not had any volume changes but occasionally the Boom spontaneously starts playing the last played playlist. (Definitely no external internet access or other shenanigans.)

I'm wondering if its related to the power socket issue that lots of people have and whether it's possible that a hiccup in the power can cause it to start playing.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorjames View Post
    I've not had any volume changes but occasionally the Boom spontaneously starts playing the last played playlist. (Definitely no external internet access or other shenanigans.)

I'm wondering if its related to the power socket issue that lots of people have and whether it's possible that a hiccup in the power can cause it to start playing.
    Check Server-log for a restart
    check http://lms.server.ip:9000/settings/player/audio.html?
    for player startup and remove the "start on power" if its there

+1

This happens to me too -- driving me crazy still trying to figure out what causes it! What's weird is that if I'm home all day, the Boom stays off. But if I'm out for work, 50% of the times, I would come home to the Boom having switched itself on at some point while I'm away. I've also got an SB3 and a Touch that don't have the same problem. I'm totally bewildered!