Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Squuezebox Sleep timer

My sleep timer only works on the 15 minute setting. Am I doing something wrong?

When playing single tracks, sleep timer starts with “end of title” or so and I can switch through 15min... by repeated pressing.
    When playing a radio station, the sleep timer starts with 15min. Probably there is no single track available.

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    When playing single tracks, sleep timer starts with “end of title” or so and I can switch through 15min... by repeated pressing.
    When playing a radio station, the sleep timer starts with 15min. Probably there is no single track available.
    I listen to talk shows...not songs.

So it should start with 15min since there is no single title. Seems all right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryG View Post
    My sleep timer only works on the 15 minute setting. Am I doing something wrong?
    Are you saying that the other options (as detailed by karlek) are not available, or are available, but don't work?

Which device are you using?

ronnie

I listen to talk shows...not songs.
    If a program has no duration (e.g. radio stream) - then LMS will offer 15 min on first press, 30 mins on second etc. up to 90 mins
    If a program has a duration (e.g. track, podcast and LMS can jump/FFWD/REW to a specified time), then LMS will provide "end of song" whenever appropriate (e.g. if podcast was 20 minutes long - the "End of song" will be offered between 15min and 30 min)

The UI you are using may alter behaviour are you get ? are you using a old SB player with a remote, Boom with top button, Touch with a screen, an App etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Are you saying that the other options (as detailed by karlek) are not available, or are available, but don't work?

Which device are you using?

ronnie
    Squeezebox radio. The screen shows 15, 30, 45 and 90 mins. Used to work on all but now only when I choose 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    If a program has no duration (e.g. radio stream) - then LMS will offer 15 min on first press, 30 mins on second etc. up to 90 mins
    If a program has a duration (e.g. track, podcast and LMS can jump/FFWD/REW to a specified time), then LMS will provide "end of song" whenever appropriate (e.g. if podcast was 20 minutes long - the "End of song" will be offered between 15min and 30 min)

The UI you are using may alter behaviour are you get ? are you using a old SB player with a remote, Boom with top button, Touch with a screen, an App etc.

The radio is 5 years old. No remote. Touch screen choices are 15, 30, 45 and 90 mins. But now works only to turn off after 15.

Squeezebox radio. The screen shows 15, 30, 45 and 90 mins. Used to work on all but now only when I choose 15 mins.

have you run a test using the LMS web gui?

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    have you run a test using the LMS web gui?
    I have no idea what that even means