Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    So, after another week with the new installed Fritzbox 4040:

Not one single problem anymore, everything, also the radio, works like a charm :-)

It was the router's fault.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A530F mit Tapatalk

Simple solution for intermitted WiFi disconnect of Squeezbox Radio

Hello,
    I recently joined this forum since around the second week of december 2021 I have the same problems with the losing wlan connection of my squeebox radios.

For over 12years I run 4 SB Radios and 4 SB Touch without any problems in wlan-modus.

Background/History:
    • My actual network structure is based on a AVM Fritzbox 7590 and a AVM Repeater 1750 for around 3 years
    • 1 SB Radio is directly connected to the Fritzbox, the other 3 are connected to the repeater. I have a Mesh network.
    • For running the LMS, version 8.2.0 (with the spotty plugin), I use a mini-pc (cubietruck) 24/7
    • Around the 2nd week of december 2021 – all of the sudden – all 4 radios lost their wlan network connection (red wlan symbol), in the fritzbox they were not listed as network component
    • Rebooting the radios solves the problem for the present but after some minutes/hours the problem with the red wlan symbol is back
    • First I thought that the reason is the buggy firmware as it was shown in the LMS
    o --> so I installed the version comparison patch  didn’t helped
    o --> reinstalling the LMS in version 7.9.3 (lower than 8.0.0) due to the buggy firmware didn’t helped
    • Resetting the SB Radios to factory settings didn’t helped
    • Rebooting the Fritzbox / Running the network without the repeater didn’t helped
    • As said, network structure wasn’t changed (no new router, no added network components, no updates have been made)
    • Finally I was at one's wit's end

Anyway – I post this thread as I want to let you know that in another story a simple solution for using the SB Radios in the wlan-Modus was posted:

Cover the SB Radio‘s sides (except of the front) in alu foil!

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...queezbox-Radio

I tried it out – it works. Thanks a lot Gie!!!

In the bathroom and in celler I will work with this unconventional simple solution.

The other two SB Radios in living rooms – due to optical reasons (alu foil is not that fancy) – I will run in LAN modus using wlan briges (Vonets / Fritzbox Powerline).

Maybe a neighbour has installed a different Fritzbox (or similar) and it is their system that you are now masking.

Perhaps you can find out who it is and work with them to get their firmware or configuration changed.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

TP-Link Router?

A recent firmware update to my TP-Link Archer A7 router enabled 'Onemesh' support which adds a second network signal to support mesh routers. This can be seen with the wifi analyzer app on android. This appears to cause my squeezebox to drop wifi after a short period of time. I've found no solution. I was forced to go to a wired connection, using a powerline extended as my squeexebox location had no wired connection.

Check for this or a similar solution where additional wifi signals force the squeexebox connection to fail. 'Wifi Analyzer' app on android is an excellent way to see wifi networks, including hidden ones.

Two of my Radios had the problem of loosing connection to the WiFi when turned off for a longer period of time. The other two did not have the problem. All the four are running on the Community firmware. I made a reset to factory settings and the two Radios changed places so they connected to an other Ubiquiti AP. And one of the two things worked. I think, the new APs solved the isssue.

My Radio just got hit by this issue today.

I solved it by cutting over to Ethernet -- though I fully realize that is not possible for many/most Radio users.

My two Touches have been suffering this issue for about 6 months.

The problem is a head scratcher.

I moved one Touch to Ethernet and added a Vonets Bridge to my other Touch. (https://forums.slimdevices.com/searc...archid=5209254)

I think I agree with several members that the problem is related to a "complicated" 802.11/RF environment in 2022 that is not hospitable to these old Squeezebox devices.

I think that these ~10-year old units are still the best-of-breed in many ways, but their days using wifi natively may be numbered.

The vonets wifi extender did the trick for me. Make sure you get the blue VAP11G and not the white VAP11N. I went through 2 of the white ones in a matter of months, but the blue VAP11G-300 has been going strong for a year now. I also have a classic and a touch in the house but those don't have any issues with the WIFI although all 3 are no longer detectable from my iOS devices for AirPlay streaming (Polyvection DAC32 running LMS has no issues at all).

I guess I am joining the chorus of those with Radios that will not connect. Can someone confirm these are the symptoms. Blue wireless light that doesn't change except briefly to red if I reboot. Also if I go to network connections in Settings/Advanced and select the network it appears to connect and then just goes to retry or choose network again (blue wireless light too). The only change in my set up relates to firewall. I turned UFW off and setup a nftables Firewall with these rules for LMS:

Code:
        # Accept LMS on port 9000.     
         tcp dport 9000 counter accept comment "Accept LMS on port 9000"

# Accept LMS on port 3483.
         tcp dport 3483 counter accept comment "Accept LMS on port 3483"
    And my wireless Touch works fine

EDIT: I think this is a different problem. My Radio will play internet radio streams(so wifi works) but not my local library. Will post in a separate thread.
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2022-02-26 at 16:27. Reason: wrong thread
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1645717927 @ Thu 24 Feb 2022 05:23:32 PM CET
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    EDIT: I think this is a different problem. My Radio will play internet radio streams(so wifi works) but not my local library. Will post in a separate thread.
    A blue wifi icon indicates that the wifi is connected to your AP and has a working network connection. But the Radio has not been able to connect to a server (local LMS or MSB.com).

So, yes, this would seem to be a different problem to the problem addressed in this thread.

Ethernet over power

I got tired of the problem and just bought a TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter set from Amazon. One wall-mounted unit is wired at the router location and the other is plugged in and connected to the Squeezebox with an Ethernet cable.

For $37, I got rid of wireless. No problems in 6 months.