Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Thanks for the help and ideas with wlanpoke.
    I finally installed now after i found out how easy it is (ofter i found the extension and then found out to activate it also and waited then 24hours) Feels really snappier and more stable, less Buffering.
    And since i moved the one Radio wich started to lost wifi again and again (even with greart signal from a very near Hotspot, it is now stable since 3 Days. Keep fingers crossed
    Thnx

Well this seems strange - running wlanpoke on my previously mentioned troublesome radio/location and it was showing resets at least once every hour or so

I then upgraded to the latest community radio firmware version and since then wlanpoke has shown no resets at all and stats that are as stable as the other radios

Is there some other kind of network stability fix in the community radio firmware?

The one thing I noticed is that the AP scan results in the web monitor are only showing one result - for the connected AP.

Prior to the upgrade it was showing all the APs found, and that troublesome radio/location had by far the biggest list of APs found

Update on using the wlanpoke script

Quote Originally Posted by frankd View Post
    Log files of the script (version 0.73) with two events capture, when the script could not reestablish the network (second one around 12:30, first one around 11:55).
    I guess the neighbor with the annoying WIFI moved out our upgraded his hardware. There are a lot less disconnects. However the script performs it's job very well, no disconnect during the last two weeks, but some restarts of WPA_Supplicants by the script roughly every day. See attached logs. In the meantime I am also using the latest firmware, however the interference by the neighbors dropped independent of me using the new firmware (tested it with old and new firmware)
    Overall the script should become part of the Radio firmware until we get to a better solution - maybe with less extensive logging, only 2 cycles
    Attached logs for debugging and improving the script :-).

logs.zip

After sooo many years - found a simple solution!!!

Have been using SqBx for more than 10 years or so.
    Mainly as an internet radio - SqBx connected to WiFi box of my telecom provider.
    Nothing special.
    Since 2, 3,4 years WiFi connection cutting out in an unpredictable manner.
    Well known problem.
    Restart SqBx to regain connection.
    5 to 10 times a day.
    Pain in the ......

Looking around on the internet, the forums, etc.
    Spend hours, days to look for a solution that does not involve Linux, server software, etc.

Finally found a SIMPLE remedy.
    (OK - estetically it is not ideal - but it works)
    Cover the top, the back and the 2 sides of the SqBx with alu foil.
    Only the front is free.
    That way one creates a Faraday case around the SqBx.
    Shields the SqBx from interference by other WiFi boxes next door and accross the street.
    It works! Really.
    Signal is still OK (max).

Since yesterday evening my SqBx has been running non stop.
    Now for 24 hours - no WiFi drops, nothing....
    Just like old times!

After reconnects and loss again and again, i used this "vonets vap11n-300" wifi adaper. Worked fine (with free discolight effect you can't deaktivate stupid vonets! And get a little hot so i not cover this thing) till this adaper one day has deactivate itself and just not working anymore.

Because i don't like this reconnections and resync i was think about what to do, and i remembered i have a wifi repeater i could use maybe. So i configured this tp-link RE450 as Accesspoint, connect it to my wifi, connect the SB Radio with Cable to re450, deactivated the wifi to connect other devices to to the re450 so only the radio use this adapter with cable. And since weeks it works absolutely stable. Finaly again no resync, no loss and no disconnects. I'm just happy again
    This is the only radio i can absolutely not connect direct with cable, so think this is best solution for me.
    (And i can deaktivate the Lights on this re450 hehe)
    Pi4, Pi3, Radios, Receiver, Duet,...

The Vonets case is a simple press fit. Pop open, a tiny bit of black electric tape over the LEDs, snap the case back together, and no more annoying lights.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    The Vonets case is a simple press fit. Pop open, a tiny bit of black electric tape over the LEDs, snap the case back together, and no more annoying lights.
    Thnx. Badly it is died even without covering it with tape. Bad luck for me ;( But happily with my Re450 Option it is absolute perfectly stable now.
    Pi4, Pi3, Radios, Receiver, Duet,...

Vonet Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by mikitil View Post
    Thnx. Badly it is died even without covering it with tape. Bad luck for me ;( But happily with my Re450 Option it is absolute perfectly stable now.
    I have been running several Vonets during the last couple of months (3 VAP11G-300 and 1 VAP11N-300).
    The VAP11N-300 got very hot and the LEDs coulldn't be easy covered with tape (it got also hot without tape).
    Today the VAP11N-300 died (probably victim to the heat).
    All other three VAP11G-300 are running without problem and are not running hot.
    I think the "G" version is a good option if the wlanpoke script cannot solve the dropouts. Also Vonet regularly updates the firmware and you can program the Vonets that they connect to the Access Point with the strongest signal if you have several ones.
    Thus overall a good solution for Radios, however use the G version not the N version of the Vonets...

Quote Originally Posted by frankd View Post
    I have been running several Vonets during the last couple of months (3 VAP11G-300 and 1 VAP11N-300).
    The VAP11N-300 got very hot and the LEDs coulldn't be easy covered with tape (it got also hot without tape).
    Today the VAP11N-300 died (probably victim to the heat).
    All other three VAP11G-300 are running without problem and are not running hot.
    I think the "G" version is a good option if the wlanpoke script cannot solve the dropouts. Also Vonet regularly updates the firmware and you can program the Vonets that they connect to the Access Point with the strongest signal if you have several ones.
    Thus overall a good solution for Radios, however use the G version not the N version of the Vonets...
    Looks promising. Probably a stupid question but can I power the unit by plugging the power cord into the back of the radio (battery powered)
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1614639334 @ Tue Mar 2 00:11:57 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    Looks promising. Probably a stupid question but can I power the unit by plugging the power cord into the back of the radio (battery powered)
    ???

Yes. When plugged in it's powered off of the wall power while it also charges the battery. Do you mean to say that you've never actually played the Radio while it was plugged in?