Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    OK! LMS>Settings>plugins. There's a long list of ones that are installed. When Spotify died I recall having to remove it from this list before I could go to spotty lower and win a different list, and choose spotty.

Below that is a short list of other not installed plugins.
    Both lists are alphabetical and Spotify or Spotty are not there.
    When I installed Spotty, I recall it was in a third block of plugins below the other two above. There is no 3rd list now, however there is a box for "additional repositories". I searched the repositories page in vain as well as entering spotty in the box/NG.
    Did we ask what version of LMS you are running?

I dont use spotty but....

Note - I have seen plugins go "missing" before, when I checked or unchecked, then clicked "apply". I would expect them to move from inactive<>active, but they disappear. Not sure why, but a server restart and/or a browser refresh would "bring them back".

But anyhow, on the settings->plugin page, you can collapse or expand each section. For example, here are all of them collapsed, note the direction of the arrow:
    Name:  phil2.png
Views: 196
Size:  13.0 KB

Maybe your "3rd party" plugins are collapsed, here I clicked the arrow to expand, note arrow direction:
    Name:  phil3.png
Views: 191
Size:  13.0 KB
    in the expanded list, I have spotty:
    Name:  phil4.png
Views: 195
Size:  12.8 KB

sometimes when I can't find something, I just use the browser "find" to find the text string on the page

Jim

Excellent point about collapsed list Jim!
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

I have to reboot the radio(s) to get WIFI working. After a while, certainly every day, I have to go through it again and get the network up again.
    This is a tough one, that others have experienced as well. It could be may things including the radio wifi failing. But, to clarify (from my memory):

1) There are..how many radios? Do they all behave the same way on wifi?
    2) They all work flawlessly on ethernet?
    3) Failure occurs on power supply, battery, or both?
    4) Have you tried swapping, or buying at least one new power supply?
    5) I think I remember that you have a new router? I think I also remember that you were running LMS on an old Mac, and had ordered a new one?
    6) Have you eliminated range as the issue with the wifi by testing them closer to the router?
    >>you can see wifi signal strength as seen by the radio settings>advanced>disagnostics>wireless info (there are a few places you can see this info, this is one of them)
    7) I think I remember you have a touch? Does this work fine on wifi?

Jim

I have to reboot the radio(s) to get WIFI working. After a while, certainly every day, I have to go through it again and get the network up again.

Many of us are having these problems with the Radio now. A user wrote the wlanpoke script that looks for failed pings and restarts the wifi when it fails. Starting about 2-3 weeks ago my Radios go down about every 20-30 minutes.

Regarding LMS and 3rd party extensions.
    Only two lists show, active and inactive plugins. Clicking on the triangle/chevron of inactive plugins hides or unhides that list.
    There is no chevron or label for 3rd party (where spotty would be)

Looking for ways to uninstall/reinstall LMS, I went toPlayers and found a radio! Progress? And alongside that radio is this note below:

"You seem to be using a Squeezebox with an outdated firmware, not recognizing this version of Logitech Media Server. Please consider using the Community Firmware plugin, or patching the device's firmware (get more information)."

I will cross-post this where Michael says my conversations should be.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ces-on-MSB-com

So, finally the problem has arrived at my bedroom┤s SB-Radio too.

This device is working for almost 10 years now in my bedroom, besides a SB-Duet in the living room, which still works flawlessly.

The story:

- The SB-Radio was working for almost 10 years now 24/7 without ANY disconnections so far, i never saw the red antenna every since now.

- Since last week, the connection drops several times, till now only when device is in standby (sometimes after 30 minutes, sometimes after hours).... While playing, i didn┤t get the issue (so far)...

What has happend:

I used a TP-Link WR841ND-Router all that time, first with oem-firmware, since 5 Years now with OpenWRT.... On both Firmwares, i had never that disconnection issue at all, the Radio operated rock-stable also with weak WIFI-signalstrenght.

Last week i replaced that Router with an TP-Link Archer C6 (V2) 2,4GHZ / 5GHZ Device.

While all other WIFI-Device seem to work flawlessly, the radio has that described issue since then.

I tried OPENWRT on that router also, but it didn┤t solve the radio┤s problem, but caused different problems with my other devices (vacuum-robot looses connection, Access point doesn┤t even connection eg...) so back to OEM on the Archer..

So finally i can conclude, that the problem (in my case) is related to the interaction Radio <-> Router, perhaps the radio wants a "older"-standart-Wifi and the Radios WIFI-Interface has problems with newer "2,4GHZ" or "2,4GHz/5GHz"-Router-Interfaces (Timing-Problems etc?)

What do i do?

While fearing, that it is hardware-related (or driver related?) on the SB-Radio, i will connect that Radio to a TP-LINK WR200-Access-Point and hopefully that will restore that radio┤s known reliability.

Cheers, Tob

Quote Originally Posted by torbes View Post
    So, finally the problem has arrived at my bedroom┤s SB-Radio too.

This device is working for almost 10 years now in my bedroom, besides a SB-Duet in the living room, which still works flawlessly.

The story:

- The SB-Radio was working for almost 10 years now 24/7 without ANY disconnections so far, i never saw the red antenna every since now.

- Since last week, the connection drops several times, till now only when device is in standby (sometimes after 30 minutes, sometimes after hours).... While playing, i didn┤t get the issue (so far)...

What has happend:

I used a TP-Link WR841ND-Router all that time, first with oem-firmware, since 5 Years now with OpenWRT.... On both Firmwares, i had never that disconnection issue at all, the Radio operated rock-stable also with weak WIFI-signalstrenght.

Last week i replaced that Router with an TP-Link Archer C6 (V2) 2,4GHZ / 5GHZ Device.

While all other WIFI-Device seem to work flawlessly, the radio has that described issue since then.

I tried OPENWRT on that router also, but it didn┤t solve the radio┤s problem, but caused different problems with my other devices (vacuum-robot looses connection, Access point doesn┤t even connection eg...) so back to OEM on the Archer..

So finally i can conclude, that the problem (in my case) is related to the interaction Radio <-> Router, perhaps the radio wants a "older"-standart-Wifi and the Radios WIFI-Interface has problems with newer "2,4GHZ" or "2,4GHz/5GHz"-Router-Interfaces (Timing-Problems etc?)

What do i do?

While fearing, that it is hardware-related (or driver related?) on the SB-Radio, i will connect that Radio to a TP-LINK WR200-Access-Point and hopefully that will restore that radio┤s known reliability.

Cheers, Tob
    Some people seem to have issues with the 2.4 GHz band of the Archer C6 V2
    https://community.tp-link.com/en/hom...m_medium=email
    Although mine is working fine. If OPENWRT didn't work for you then this may not be your issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by torbes View Post
    So finally i can conclude, that the problem (in my case) is related to the interaction Radio <-> Router, perhaps the radio wants a "older"-standart-Wifi and the Radios WIFI-Interface has problems with newer "2,4GHZ" or "2,4GHz/5GHz"-Router-Interfaces (Timing-Problems etc?) ... What do i do?

While fearing, that it is hardware-related (or driver related?) on the SB-Radio, i will connect that Radio to a TP-LINK WR200-Access-Point and hopefully that will restore that radio┤s known reliability. ...
    1) Try turning off WiFi-6 on the new router for the 2.5 gHz band. This standard on many routers is "known" to disrupt the radios. (And when and if the time comes, ask your neighbors to do the same.)
    2) Using an older router for the radios while keeping the new running generally doesn't work. The radio frequently scans all the channels for routers, finds the new router, and this apparently causes the disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by POMdev View Post
    1) Try turning off WiFi-6 on the new router for the 2.5 gHz band. This standard on many routers is "known" to disrupt the radios. (And when and if the time comes, ask your neighbors to do the same.)
    2) Using an older router for the radios while keeping the new running generally doesn't work. The radio frequently scans all the channels for routers, finds the new router, and this apparently causes the disruption.
    The Archer C6 V2 doesn't have WiFi-6

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Replaced Squeezebox Radio with Roberts Stream 94i Plus

So, after so many wifi troubles with my 4 Squeezebox Radios, I decided to replace one with a Roberts Stream 94i Plus. And I'm happy...
    I can use iPeng or Squeezepad or the LMS Website to configure the radio (alarming etc.). Streaming my local music is possible via DLNA (UpnP Bridge). Apple integration works via Airplay Bridge. Even Chromecast via Chromecast Bridge.

I really tried everyting to avoid the replacement (wlanpoke, vonets etc.) but without sustainable success...
    In fact, the squeezebox Radio was one of the finest piece of audio hardware I used the last 10 years. It's time to let them go...

https://www.robertsradio.com/de-de/r...stream94iplbke