Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    ???

Yes. When plugged in it's powered off of the wall power while it also charges the battery. Do you mean to say that you've never actually played the Radio while it was plugged in?
    I was referring to the VAP11G-300 and whether it could be connected to the power outlet on the radio when in battery mode. Never mind
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1614639334 @ Tue Mar 2 00:11:57 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    I was referring to the VAP11G-300
    My bad. I wasn't paying attention to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    I was referring to the VAP11G-300 and whether it could be connected to the power outlet on the radio when in battery mode. Never mind
    It won't work on battery. The power-in of the radio is not a power-out when on battery.
    If you want to be mobile, the wlanpoke script might be a solution, even if not perfect. Alternatively you can power the vonets via an USB powerbank.

Thanks
    I installed the wlanpoke patch yesterday and I am getting much better reception with almost no buffering or dropouts. I have not tried the radio outside where I was having the most difficulty.I am hoping the TPLink extender I recently purchased will help
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2021-07-06 at 05:08.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1614639334 @ Tue Mar 2 00:11:57 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by frankd View Post
    I have been running several Vonets during the last couple of months (3 VAP11G-300 and 1 VAP11N-300).
    The VAP11N-300 got very hot and the LEDs coulldn't be easy covered with tape (it got also hot without tape).
    Today the VAP11N-300 died (probably victim to the heat).
    All other three VAP11G-300 are running without problem and are not running hot.
    I think the "G" version is a good option if the wlanpoke script cannot solve the dropouts. Also Vonet regularly updates the firmware and you can program the Vonets that they connect to the Access Point with the strongest signal if you have several ones.
    Thus overall a good solution for Radios, however use the G version not the N version of the Vonets...
    My VAP11N-300 died after less than a year of use. I didn't both trying to return it saying as I'm using it out of spec. I bought a TP-Link passthrough powerline adapter instead. It's a little bulkier at the wall socket, but it's not too bad.

Meanwhile, my power supply failed on one of my Radios and the other Radio (which has been sat on my desk unpowered for a few months) is refusing to power on. I need to debug that next. Ugh.