Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Finally, the problem seems solved!

This is an update from the thread starter: Having given up on my (now four!) Squeezebox Radios, I recently bought a Sonos/Google system. I was not happy with the embedded Google Assistant (in Norwegian version), so I ended up returning the whole thing. I had also rearranged my WiFi setup during that process (back to Asus router + TP-Link mesh APs, as described in the original post). So I switched back to my Squeezeboxes temporarily, waiting for a better system to hit the market. I noticed that the Squeezeboxes were back to behaving as they should(!), so I tried to analyze the differences from December. And I found the the problem/culprit, which was .... a Foscam WiFi camera! After running the camera via a dedicated AP, all my other equipment, including my four Squeezebox Radios, have been working flawlessly for two weeks now. So it seems that the Squeezebox Radios are susceptible to "noise" from other nodes on the WiFi. I have no idea what type of packet(s) or whatever causes this (jumbo frames, multicast, promiscuous mode, ...), but I am close to ecstatic that the problem is finally solved.

Fingers crossed it will last, because I have yet to find a better and more versatile system than Squeezebox out there. Such a shame it was discontinued by Logitech...

Good luck to y'all :-)

--

Stein Erik

Thanks for reporting back. Mystery solved!
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

SQ Radio loses wifi.

I have the same problem. I use Virgin Media (Ireland) broadband, Hub 3.0. I own one Squeezebox Radio. I also have to reboot to find VM network on the Radio. Wifi can last a day then it's gone. No problem with LAN

Quote Originally Posted by Gealt View Post
    I have the same problem. I use Virgin Media (Ireland) broadband, Hub 3.0. I own one Squeezebox Radio. I also have to reboot to find VM network on the Radio. Wifi can last a day then it's gone. No problem with LAN
    Your problem is probably something very different. The reported problem was caused by a camera on the same network that was causing interference: "problem/culprit, which was .... a Foscam WiFi camera!"
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

Thanks. The Radio is the only wifi item on the network. I've tried a factory restore, no change.

Thanks. The Radio is the only wifi item on the network. I've tried a factory restore, no change.
    when it is connecting correctly, have you tried reserving an IP address in the router so that the Radio is always given the same IP address?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    when it is connecting correctly, have you tried reserving an IP address in the router so that the Radio is always given the same IP address?
    No, I have no idea how I could do that.

google how to access your VM router. Once you access it (should be via a web browser), there is likely a setting within the VB settings related to "reserving" IP addresses. That may or may not solve your problem. Another thought is to see if there are nearby neighbor WIFI networks using the same channel as you. Use some sort of WIFI detector (google this....there are programs available for your laptop or for your smartphone that can "find WIFI networks". Once you see the neighboring networks and the channels they are using, change your WIFI in your router to use a channel that is not used by a nearby strong WIFI network. And use channel 1, 6, or 11 only (as these are the only channels that don't overlap channels). And make sure your router is not set to some sort of automatic wifi channel selection, where it changes channels.

If none of this makes any sense, you'll need to get someone to assist you that can work with router/WIFI settings. Good luck.

192.168.0.1 then log in
    The setting is under Advanced/DHCP. Not sire it will help though. I have a Hub 3.0 and the only thing with a reserve IP is the server.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your suggestions. I rebooted the Radio, which means removing the battery, and used a nearby building with free public wifi. So far so good. Obviously I use VM LAN for my laptop, printer etc..