Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyBrook View Post
    Here is what worked for me:

Update #2:

We may have a solution. Disabling "ax features on 2.4" in the Orbi router interface (Advanced/Setup/Wireless) seems to have done the trick.
    I agree. For me a similar solution has brought back SB Radio connectivity and I've described it here:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1020414

May it help to solve this issue as a workaround or to finally implement one for all into the radio firmware.

happy greetings,
    Ge
    Last edited by Ge Ba; 2021-04-26 at 03:25.
    Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1605892076 @ Fri Nov 20 18:28:44 CET 2020 (Pinkdot) on Synology DS216Play [SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO]
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7ĺĺ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by cb4kda View Post
    Thanks.
    Think it's now installed correct.
    Where can i find if and how often it reconnects?

And thanx for the ax ideas.
    But my Mesh has no ax. So i can't disable this.
    I have 3 simple ac TPlink decos.

Quote Originally Posted by mikitil View Post
    Thanks.
    Think it's now installed correct.
    Where can i find if and how often it reconnects?

And thanx for the ax ideas.
    But my Mesh has no ax. So i can't disable this.
    I have 3 simple ac TPlink decos.
    hi Mikitil,
    ac is a standard exclusively for the 5 GHz frequency band.
    So also you should try to change your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band to 802.11n and limit the channel bandwidth to 20 MHz. Check my post linked above for more clues.
    Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1605892076 @ Fri Nov 20 18:28:44 CET 2020 (Pinkdot) on Synology DS216Play [SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO]
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7ĺĺ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    hi Mikitil,
    ac is a standard exclusively for the 5 GHz frequency band.
    So also you should try to change your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band to 802.11n and limit the channel bandwidth to 20 MHz. Check my post linked above for more clues.
    I have tried on an Orbo RBK53 (ac3000 Orbi) setting the 2.4 GHz to 20 MHz, it doesn't give an option to limit the 2.4 band to n only. Everything worked fine until a few days ago, no firmware updates on either the Radio or the Orbi, so not sure why both Radios now have problem - they can connect on reboot, then quickly lose the connection and can't seem to get the connection back.
    Has anyone found other tactics that have worked?

Posting again to see if anyone has any ideas on how to help. My two Squeezebox Radios have not been able to maintain a connection to wifi or the LMS server for roughly the last two weeks. My setup is like this:

1 Radios, both running firmware 7.7.3-r16676, one is patched, one is not
    Our router/DHCP server is from our telco, model NVG468MQ. It handles routing and wired connections only
    Our primary access points are through an Orbi RBK53 system (b/g/n/AC), they are access points only. I have also added a TP-Link Archer C7 (also b/g/n/AC) as a second access point, only running on 2.4 in the event the Orbi mesh network
    LMS version is 8.2.0 - 1619381438 running on a QNAP server

Regardless of which AP I connect to, my Radio will connect initially to wifi and the LMS, and the connected radio will be visible in LMS. Usually within 15 minutes, the radio will lose connection. Sometimes I will be able to reconnect to wifi and LMS right away, other times wifi will work but I won't be able to get back to LMS. and sometimes nothing works until I unplug a radio.

I have tried on the Orbi network turning off fast switching and 20/40MHz coexistence. Neither has seemed to matter.

The most recent change in the environment is the LMS version, but I don't know if that would be causing the wifi issues. The Orbi and router have been on the same firmware for awhile and no changes had been made to the Radios.

The radios are not near an ethernet drop so I haven't been able to test wired connections.

Any ideas on what to try?

Quote Originally Posted by stoobie-doo View Post
    Posting again to see if anyone has any ideas on how to help. My two Squeezebox Radios have not been able to maintain a connection to wifi or the LMS server for roughly the last two weeks. My setup is like this:... Any ideas on what to try?
    This happened to 6 of my 7 radios last year as the neighbors upgraded their wireless systems. The (mostly) unaffected radio was in the basement, where the neighbors' signal levels were much lower than on the above ground floors. Apparently, the radio's wireless system is being disrupted by wifi-6 transmissions, even at pretty low signal levels, even on different channels. The radio periodically scans all the 2.5 gHz channels, and it "chokes" on some wifi-6 signals. The effort to fix this issue is being discussed here on this and the Community-Build-Radio-Firmware threads starting here. Until the issue has been resolved, you might try the mitigation script on GitHub, although it requires a non-trivial manual install via ssh, etc.

Posting again to see if anyone has any ideas on how to help. My two Squeezebox Radios have not been able to maintain a connection to wifi or the LMS server for roughly the last two weeks. My setup is like this:

1 Radios, both running firmware 7.7.3-r16676, one is patched, one is not
    Our router/DHCP server is from our telco, model NVG468MQ. It handles routing and wired connections only
    Our primary access points are through an Orbi RBK53 system (b/g/n/AC), they are access points only. I have also added a TP-Link Archer C7 (also b/g/n/AC) as a second access point, only running on 2.4 in the event the Orbi mesh network
    LMS version is 8.2.0 - 1619381438 running on a QNAP server
    Another person had a Orbi equipment and was able to resolve the problem. Did you read post 180 in this thread and see the following?

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ity-to-Connect

this indicates you might have:
    I have tried on the Orbi network turning off fast switching and 20/40MHz coexistence. Neither has seemed to matter.
    One possibility is that you turned off fast switching and 20/40 MHz, but it is a neighbor that has similar equipment which is also causing a problem. You might need to download one of those wifi scanning apps.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by POMdev View Post
    This happened to 6 of my 7 radios last year as the neighbors upgraded their wireless systems. The (mostly) unaffected radio was in the basement, where the neighbors' signal levels were much lower than on the above ground floors. Apparently, the radio's wireless system is being disrupted by wifi-6 transmissions, even at pretty low signal levels, even on different channels. The radio periodically scans all the 2.5 gHz channels, and it "chokes" on some wifi-6 signals. The effort to fix this issue is being discussed here on this and the Community-Build-Radio-Firmware threads starting here. Until the issue has been resolved, you might try the mitigation script on GitHub, although it requires a non-trivial manual install via ssh, etc.
    Thanks, I haven't noticed any new signals coming from our neighbors, but unfortunately it could be anything. I'll check this out over the weekend, the manual is pretty daunting and the challenge of getting this onto one of the radios when it frequently loses its IP connection will be another joy

Thanks, I haven't noticed any new signals coming from our neighbors, but unfortunately it could be anything. I'll check this out over the weekend, the manual is pretty daunting and the challenge of getting this onto one of the radios when it frequently loses its IP connection will be another joy
    You can use the Nirsoft utility WiFiInfoView or other scanners to see other WiFi stations in your area. It is not necessary to have a WiFi-6 card (e.g., the $17 AX200 WiFi-6 notebook adapter) installed to identify the 802.11ax WiFi-6 signals, although the notebook here with one installed picks up more than the desktop with its prior-generation adapter.

Good luck with that manual. To make installation easier, temporarily move the radio and switch to an Ethernet connection.

Ncat Quirk

Many of us use 'ncat' and other Windows apps to keep track of our radios. However, on three occasions here, connections have been lost on nearly all radios, with no ncat messages showing any disruption. This occurred because Windows froze ncat because I had wrongly clicked on its window at some point.

By default, clicking inside the ncat window freezes the console window ncat uses for display, and, left unnoticed, ncat eventually holds off incoming messages, which in turn, holds off 'nc' (netcat) on the radios as they report an outage recovery, which in turn holds off the 'wlanpoke' mitigation script. At some point, the radios lose their connections. With the connection down, nc never finishes, and the script is stuck waiting for an event that will not happen.

The inadvertent blocking is caused by Windows "Quick Edit Mode," which allows text selection in a 'console' window without using the system menu Edit | Mark (or ^M) to freeze the display. This is highly undesirable for an app that is intended to monitor real time events. Ncat uses a Windows console for its input and output.

If you notice no messages for a while, look for a solid block cursor or selection in the ncat window. If present, the console window is freezing ncat while waiting for a mouse selection. Click in the window and press Esc to unstick ncat, let the old messages roll, then go unstick your radios.

To prevent these accidents, disable Quick Edit Mode: From the ncat window, click the upper left title bar icon to open the system menu, then select Properties to open the console Properties dialog. Click on the Options tab. Under Edit Options, uncheck "Quick Edit Mode," then click Ok to close the dialog and apply the settings. You can still make a selection using the system menu. Make sure ncat is not frozen when you are done.