Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    So how about putting your icon value a relative path using "../../.." (as many ../ as required ) to go up levels from Favorites icons before adding your path. Haven't tried this so may be totally wrong.
    That was a really neat bit of lateral thinking. So, I tried using ../../../../../../../../mnt/myusb/images/myIcon.png but it didn't appear able to find those. After doing it, I did notice the following error in LMS' server.log, which didn't appear when using the original relative path

    [20-11-09 18:42:34.1925] Slim::Web::Cometd::handler (421) errorNeedsClient: 00:04:20:27:da:b8, status, -, 10, menu:menu, useContextMenu:1, subscribe:600

    I then hit upon a different workaround, which is admittedly a bit of a cludge. I added the following User Command in piCorePlayer's Tweaks page, to repopulate the volatile images folder from a folder on my mounted USB drive.

    \cp /mnt/myusb/images/*.* /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images

    This works. It's a bit ugly but, unless anyone's got any other bright ideas, it will achieve my end goal.
    Server: LMS 8.1.1 on piCorePlayer 7.0.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Berne, Switzerland
    Posts
    61

    Alternate favorite.png is not displayed

    Hello

    I'm new to this thread, trying to replace the "heart" icon of the favorites (and of each favorite) with a custom PNG file. My favorite are radio stations, usually refered to with a http://...mp3 URL. I run LMS 8.1.1 on max2play on a Raspberry pi. I use a SqueezeBox Touch.

    The favorites.opml file contains "... icon="html/images/favorites.png"" for each radio station.

    If found the favorites.png file in /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images

    When I replace the favorites.png file with another one (also 32 bits, 512 x 512 pixels), the SqueezeBox does not display the heart logo any more, but also not my picture. It displays either nothing (black) or something like a CD. When playing a radio station, it displays nothing.

    When I put back the original favorites.png (the heart), everything works again, it is displayed as before.

    ==> it seems that LMS doesn't like my PNG! I tried with several ones with no success.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks and regards
    Patrick

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by paf View Post
    Hello

    The favorites.opml file contains "... icon="html/images/favorites.png"" for each radio station.

    If found the favorites.png file in /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks and regards
    Patrick
    Did you change the entry in the .opml file to reflect the title of the new icon ?

    for example

    /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/favorites.opml

    icon="html/images/fip.png"

    best to stop LMS from running, do the change then restart LMS.

    It might take a couple of restarts for persistance, sometimes it does not work (I don't know why)

    Which radio stations are you trying ?

    ronnie

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,255
    @paf

    Remember to save any changes

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Berne, Switzerland
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Did you change the entry in the .opml file to reflect the title of the new icon ?
    [...]
    Which radio stations are you trying ?
    Hello

    About the questions of man in a van:

    I did not change the .opml file. I wanted to keep my first try as simple as possible and just replaced the favorites.png file with one with another picture (same size, same colour depth). Even that doesn't work. The fact that it has an influence of what is displayed seems to show that I found the right place and file.

    Examples of radio stations:


    Regards
    Patrick

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,255
    @paf

    Is this the sort of thing ?

    Name:  energyalltimehits.png
Views: 58
Size:  129.5 KB

    It's the same as that used by the NetRadio plugin but saving it as a favourite removes the icon

    ronnie

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,348
    This station uses ICy StreamURL to provide cover art so (i) I think the menu icon may need to be in the opml file and (ii) the menu icon will be overridden when the station is playing.

    So if you save as a Favorite when the stations is playing - you will save the cover art showing.

    edit:

    Changing Favorites.png is high maintenance as you will have to update it with each LMS update.
    Last edited by bpa; 2021-04-01 at 01:42.

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Berne, Switzerland
    Posts
    61
    Well, to be honest I have never understood the way the SqueezeBoxes works in connection with cover art, with radio station pictures and even the switching between LMS and MySqueezeBox.com is still a mystery for me after many years (even if I have been a software engineer for years...)!

    Until a few months ago, I had no LMS and I used MySqueezeBox.com for my my radio favorites and I got, depending on which radio station, the cover art or the station picture. This was OK. For a few months now, I get usually the picture of the wrong radio station picture, which is bad.

    So I left MySqueezeBox.com, installed LMS over max2play on a Raspberry PI and saved my favorite radios on LMS. As I don't find most stations using the search function of LMS, I just enter the URL as a favorite, which works perfectly, except that now I only get a heart picture (standard favorite picture).

    Trying to replace the heart with a small (generic) radio picture was a try to easily (I hoped) have something pretty(er) on the display. But what I would like to have, in the order of preference, is still:

    1. Cover art of the song being played now. If not, then
    2. the radio station picture. If not, then
    3. a generic picture but not the heart!

    Any clues about how to achieve one of these goals would be greatly appreciated!

    Regards
    Patrick

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by paf View Post
    Well, to be honest I have never understood the way the SqueezeBoxes works in connection with cover art, with radio station pictures and even the switching between LMS and MySqueezeBox.com is still a mystery for me after many years (even if I have been a software engineer for years...)!

    Until a few months ago, I had no LMS and I used MySqueezeBox.com for my my radio favorites and I got, depending on which radio station, the cover art or the station picture. This was OK. For a few months now, I get usually the picture of the wrong radio station picture, which is bad.

    So I left MySqueezeBox.com, installed LMS over max2play on a Raspberry PI and saved my favorite radios on LMS. As I don't find most stations using the search function of LMS, I just enter the URL as a favorite, which works perfectly, except that now I only get a heart picture (standard favorite picture).

    Trying to replace the heart with a small (generic) radio picture was a try to easily (I hoped) have something pretty(er) on the display. But what I would like to have, in the order of preference, is still:

    1. Cover art of the song being played now. If not, then
    2. the radio station picture. If not, then
    3. a generic picture but not the heart!

    Any clues about how to achieve one of these goals would be greatly appreciated!

    Regards
    Patrick
    @paf

    Patrick, album cover art is only on the web page for the station.


    Here is how I did the radio station image, proceed at your own risk

    I have LMS installed on raspberry PI OS Buster Desktop

    Max2play should be the same procedure, but check the file paths.

    I saved this url

    https://energyalltimehits.ice.infoma...ehits-high.mp3

    as a favourite with the name Energy all time hits

    I SSH into the pi and stopped LMS from running

    then, made sure I was in home

    Code:
    cd ~
    I downloaded the .png of the image

    Code:
    wget https://d3kle7qwymxpcy.cloudfront.net/images/broadcasts/24/49/123836/1/c300.png
    this gave me a file called c300.png

    I moved it to the favourite image folder

    Code:
    sudo mv c300.png /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images
    Then I opened the favourites.opml

    Code:
    sudo nano /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/favorites.opml
    and edited the line for Energy all time hits, the red text

    Code:
    <outline URL="https://energyalltimehits.ice.infomaniak.ch/energyalltimehits-high.mp3" icon="html/images/c300.png" text="Energy all time hits" type="audio" />
    Saved and exited ( Ctrl +X, Y, Enter)

    sudo reboot

    LMS starts on reboot

    ronnie

    I used the RadioNet Plugin to find the radio station and right clicked the image for the link

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I used the RadioNet Plugin to find the radio station and right clicked the image for the link
    Why not just click on the heart in the RadioNet list of station and make the favorite with the image in the Favorites menu. ?

    This station has covert art so when playing, the cover image will change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •