Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    3,993
    Change the “elsif” to “if” and restart LMS - masking sure that the file has the same ownership afterwards as it did before.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    So I have set up a new LMS on rpi4b Buster-Lite

    I can stop LMS from running and navigate to

    Code:
    sudo nano /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTPS.pm
    what do you want me to do ?

    ronnie

    Back in a hour or so

    Just the meta-data would be fine
    I don't see

    Code:
    # Check for Ogg metadata, which is formatted as a series of
        # 2-byte length/string pairs.
    elsif ( $metadata =~ /^Ogg(.+)/s ) {
    I find just one instance of "elsif" at line 96

    [CODE][ $metaPointer += $readLength;
    ${*$self}{'metaPointer'} = $metaPointer;

    # handle instream metadata for shoutcast/icecast
    if ($metaPointer == $metaInterval) {

    $self->readMetaData();

    ${*$self}{'metaPointer'} = 0;

    } elsif ($metaPointer > $metaInterval) {

    main:EBUGLOG && $log->debug("The shoutcast metadata overshot the interval.");
    /CODE]

    so I changed it anyway.

    still no meta-data

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    3,993
    Change it back .... and edit HTTP.pm rather than HTTPS.pm

    If it is not in there then I’ll take another look at the code because I was looking at a 7.9.3 LMS and I guess you have 8.0
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Change it back .... and edit HTTP.pm rather than HTTPS.pm

    If it is not in there then I’ll take another look at the code because I was looking at a 7.9.3 LMS and I guess you have 8.0
    No, I only run with 7.9.3

    wilco

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,254
    Still no track or artist info, still plays though

    Paul, thanks very much for trying to fix this, but please don't spend any more time on it.

    It's not a big deal, it would be nice, but not a deal at all, really

    ronnie

  6. #36
    As a latecomer to this thread, I've been trying to get my favorites icons sorted out, running LMS 8.0.0 on piCorePlayer 6.1.0

    I can put my icons in /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images and then reference them in /usr/local/slimserver/prefs/favorites.opml as, say html/images/myIcon.png

    However, they don't stay there! While an update of LMS doesn't appear to affect them, a reboot of the server they're on appears to remove them from this folder.

    I tried adding them into a newly created folder /home/tc/icons and then referenced them in favorites.opml as /home/tc/icons/myIcon.png, but the favorites icons then appear blank, presumably as LMS can't see them. Is that a permissions issue, or can it simply not see outside its local scope.

    Where can I store favorites icons where they'll be persistent and still be able to be referenced in favorites.opml ?
    Server: LMS 8.1.1 on piCorePlayer 7.0.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,254
    I can't give any specific advice but did you save before reboot ?

    https://docs.picoreplayer.org/information/pcp_cli/

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,725
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    As a latecomer to this thread, I've been trying to get my favorites icons sorted out, running LMS 8.0.0 on piCorePlayer 6.1.0

    I can put my icons in /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images and then reference them in /usr/local/slimserver/prefs/favorites.opml as, say html/images/myIcon.png

    However, they don't stay there! While an update of LMS doesn't appear to affect them, a reboot of the server they're on appears to remove them from this folder.

    I tried adding them into a newly created folder /home/tc/icons and then referenced them in favorites.opml as /home/tc/icons/myIcon.png, but the favorites icons then appear blank, presumably as LMS can't see them. Is that a permissions issue, or can it simply not see outside its local scope.

    Where can I store favorites icons where they'll be persistent and still be able to be referenced in favorites.opml ?
    If you have a web server configured and running anywhere on your network you can reference them via "http://webserverIP/icons/myIcon.png" inside favourites.opml i.e the full URL
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I can't give any specific advice but did you save before reboot ?
    https://docs.picoreplayer.org/information/pcp_cli/
    I hadn't, but have just given it a go. The files still disappear from /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/Favorites/HTML/EN/html/images

    According to the documentation, piCorePlayer automatically does this backup before a reboot anyway. Looking in the backup file it creates, it is just for piCorePlayer and includes nothing from LMS, which makes sense to me, as it's just a piCorePlayer function.

    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    If you have a web server configured and running anywhere on your network you can reference them via "http://webserverIP/icons/myIcon.png" inside favourites.opml i.e the full URL
    Yes, I realised that, but I'd ideally like to make my pi a standalone device. I used to have the music library on my NAS, but recently moved it to an attached 512GB USB drive as any power cut meant that the library wasn't found by default as the NAS needed a manual startup. Having bitten the bullet with this, for a modest cost, I like the solution a lot and it certainly makes the pi much more resilient.

    My final part of all this was getting to the bottom of how LMS favourites and presets work, which I'm finally good with - except the volatile nature of the images folder!

    As a fallback, I also tried putting them on my mounted USB drive and referencing them as, say, /mnt/myusb/images/myIcon.png but, as with when I had them in /home/tc/icons, LMS doesn't seem to recognise abolute path names on the local file system.

    Any other bright ideas on this one - I'm feel like I'm *so* close....
    Server: LMS 8.1.1 on piCorePlayer 7.0.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,342
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    As a fallback, I also tried putting them on my mounted USB drive and referencing them as, say, /mnt/myusb/images/myIcon.png but, as with when I had them in /home/tc/icons, LMS doesn't seem to recognise abolute path names on the local file system.

    Any other bright ideas on this one - I'm feel like I'm *so* close....
    I think if there is no protocol such as "http://", LMS treats the icon value as a relative path or a truncated path which gets Favorites URL icon path prefixed. So how about putting your icon value a relative path using "../../.." (as many ../ as required ) to go up levels from Favorites icons before adding your path. Haven't tried this so may be totally wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •